Reserved Words

Hello,

I'm trying to make an editor , and I don't know how to do the following:
Every time you type a word, I'd like the editor to check if the typed word
is a reserved word, such as 'If...then...else',  'string' or 'end', and then
make the specific word bold or blue or whatever, as many editors do.
The reserved words are kept in a table or array and I think one way of
accomplishing the routine would be to check the table each time you enter a
space (each time you enter space means you just finished a word).
I've been struggling with this problem for a while now. Can anyone help me
out?
The preffered language would be Pascal, since I use Delphi3 Pro to build the
editor.

Since I'm not always able to receive newsgroups, please reply (also) by
email.
Many thanks in advance.

Jesse

--

Jesse van Oort
firul...@wxs.nl

Jesse van Oort
firul...@nospam.wxs.nl
(remove 'NOSPAM' for Email).

Re:Reserved Words

Jesse van Oort heeft geschreven in bericht <75g3u3$4i...@reader1.wxs.nl>...

|Hello,
|
|I'm trying to make an editor , and I don't know how to do the following:
|Every time you type a word, I'd like the editor to check if the typed word
|is a reserved word, such as 'If...then...else',  'string' or 'end', and
then
|make the specific word bold or blue or whatever, as many editors do.
|The reserved words are kept in a table or array and I think one way of
|accomplishing the routine would be to check the table each time you enter
|space (each time you enter space means you just finished a word).
|I've been struggling with this problem for a while now. Can anyone help me
|out?
|The preffered language would be Pascal, since I use Delphi3 Pro to build
the
|editor.
|
|Since I'm not always able to receive newsgroups, please reply (also) by
|email.
|Many thanks in advance.
|
|Jesse

Jesse:

Just some ideas.

1.  Store all keywords in a regular textfile ( one keyword per line )
2.  At startup, load a Tstringlist from this file
     private
       KeyWordList : TStringList;
    KeyWordList := TStringList.Create;
    try
     KeywordList.LoadFromFile( 'keywords.txt');
    except
      < Oops! >
    < do KeyWordList.Free when your app quits >
3.  To search whether a word input by the user is in the list,
    use the IndexOf() method of TStringList.
    var
      InputWord : string;
     if KeyWordList.IndexOf( InputWord ) > -1 then
        < It is a keyword, do your thing here >
     else
        < Is not a keyword >

Regards,