Popping up the RAS dialup dialog

Hi all,
Does anyone know of an API function that would just pop up the RAS
dialup dialog box?  I don't want to actually make the connection for the
user.  I just want to show that dialog and then they can make the
connection to whichever ISP or RAS server by themselves.  (I'm referring
to the dialog that allows users to select the server to dial and then
connect to the selected server... that's under NT... I forget what it
looks like in 95)

Thanks for your help,
Derek

Re:Popping up the RAS dialup dialog

In article <35057CD4.A610F...@soep-alliance.com>, Derek Cheng
<dch...@soep-alliance.com> writes

>Hi all,
>Does anyone know of an API function that would just pop up the RAS
>dialup dialog box?  I don't want to actually make the connection for the
>user.  I just want to show that dialog and then they can make the
>connection to whichever ISP or RAS server by themselves.  (I'm referring
>to the dialog that allows users to select the server to dial and then
>connect to the selected server... that's under NT... I forget what it
>looks like in 95)

I've been doing a lot of work with RAS lately, and AFAIK, you can't.

The dialog you see is a UI created by Microsoft, and not a part of the
RAS API. I created my own login dialog that calls RasDial if the user
clicks OK - I guess you'll have to do the same.

--
Jeremy Collins

Re:Popping up the RAS dialup dialog

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998 10:48:04 -0700, Derek Cheng

<dch...@soep-alliance.com> wrote:
>Hi all,
>Does anyone know of an API function that would just pop up the RAS
>dialup dialog box?  I don't want to actually make the connection for the
>user.  I just want to show that dialog and then they can make the
>connection to whichever ISP or RAS server by themselves.  (I'm referring
>to the dialog that allows users to select the server to dial and then
>connect to the selected server... that's under NT... I forget what it
>looks like in 95)

>Thanks for your help,
>Derek

simply start up the <root>\system32\rasphone.exe program.

Other Threads