TTeeCommander and Mouse Move

I am using TChart Pro 4 (with Delphi 4) and have been trying to add some
of the pro features to my existing app.

I have added a TTeeCommander to my window  and as a result the mouse
move event code in my TChart does not get invoked. Has anyone else seen
this problem and is there a workaround or something I am missing?

TIA,
David

Re:TTeeCommander and Mouse Move

In article <36922FAE.AC7FD...@my-dejanews.com>,

  drosenst...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> I am using TChart Pro 4 (with Delphi 4) and have been trying to add some
> of the pro features to my existing app.

> I have added a TTeeCommander to my window  and as a result the mouse
> move event code in my TChart does not get invoked. Has anyone else seen
> this problem and is there a workaround or something I am missing?

David,

I had a similar occurrence with code for dragging series marks around.  When a
TTeeCommander is linked to a chart, it receives some of the mouse events
(mouseDown, mouseMove, mouseUp) probably so it can monitor to chek if the user
is spinning the chart around etc.

The way to get your event handlers working again is to use the events of the
TTeeCommander.  If you look in the object inspector you'll see the events

OnChartMouseDown
OnChartMouseMove
OnChartMouseUp

Simply set these to point to your existing event handlers.

Hope this helps,
Mark Graham.

Re:TTeeCommander and Mouse Move

Hi David
When you use the TeeCommander, it's supposed
mouse events are handled by the commander to
rotate, move, zoom, etc.

So, the commander "eats" all chart mouse events,
and provides with new events:

procedure TForm1.TeeCommander1ChartMouseDown(Sender: TObject;
  Button: TMouseButton; Shift: TShiftState; X, Y: Integer);
begin

end;

Basically the commander does the job and then calls the
event.
--
Regards
David Berneda

David Rosenstark wrote in message <36922FAE.AC7FD...@my-dejanews.com>...
>I am using TChart Pro 4 (with Delphi 4) and have been trying to add some
>of the pro features to my existing app.

>I have added a TTeeCommander to my window  and as a result the mouse
>move event code in my TChart does not get invoked. Has anyone else seen
>this problem and is there a workaround or something I am missing?

>TIA,
>David

Other Threads