Case-sensitive in Paradox Tables

I have to search for a specific word in memo fields (Paradox Tables), like
this:

    select cod from teste
    where mem_desc like '%thing%'

but this lines above doesn't return records with, for example, 'Thing'
(uppercase 'T').
Can I make SQL sentences to search words with no case sensitive?

Thanks in advance,

Dcio.

P.S.: in the ORACLE, I can use TO_UPPER to make all words uppercase in a
record (without change its contents) and make selects using words in
uppercase ('%THING%' - using example above)

Re:Case-sensitive in Paradox Tables

try this:

selec cod from teste
where lower(mem_desc) like '%thing%'

or

where upper(mem_desc) like upper('%thing%')

Decio Ribeiro wrote in message <6mcls5$aq...@forums.borland.com>...
>I have to search for a specific word in memo fields (Paradox Tables), like
>this:

>    select cod from teste
>    where mem_desc like '%thing%'

>but this lines above doesn't return records with, for example, 'Thing'
>(uppercase 'T').
>Can I make SQL sentences to search words with no case sensitive?

>Thanks in advance,

>Dcio.

>P.S.: in the ORACLE, I can use TO_UPPER to make all words uppercase in a
>record (without change its contents) and make selects using words in
>uppercase ('%THING%' - using example above)

Other Threads