random lockups

hi,
I'm getting random lockups on interbase and there seems to be no logic to
it, other interbase db's run fine but every so offen server usage shoots up
to 100% and the system hangs for 20-30 secs while it sorts itself out, I'm
only running simple select statements on tables with no more than 30-40
records in them.

warren

Re:random lockups

Warren,

it would be useful to know more about your environment.

Which Interbase version are you running on which operating
system (multiprocessor system)? How many free disk space do you have on your
partition, where temp files are created? What about free
disk space on the partition where the Interbase database
file resides? Do you have Forced Writes Enabled/Disabled?

Run gstat.exe to see how OAT/OIT is moving ...

Regards,
Thomas Steinmaurer
IB LogManager 2.0 - The Logging Tool for Interbase/Firebird
http://www.iblogmanager.com

"jolly" <jo...@acreate.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> hi,
> I'm getting random lockups on interbase and there seems to be no logic to
> it, other interbase db's run fine but every so offen server usage shoots
up
> to 100% and the system hangs for 20-30 secs while it sorts itself out, I'm
> only running simple select statements on tables with no more than 30-40
> records in them.

> warren

Other Threads