Using NMSMTP in a WebModule?

Hello All:

    I am trying to develop a stand-alone CGI program that includes a
NMSMTP
component in the WebModule.  Problem is, whenever I try to access it,
say:

WebModule1.NMSMTP1.host := 'smtp.interlog.com';

    I get a EAccessViolation error.  NMSMTP1 is a non-visual component
so
in theory it should work in a web module right?  Anyone have any ideas?

--
David Kelk
dk...@kelk.com  or  myrik...@interlog.com

Take wing and fly high / past the roost where angels stand on guard,
Strain your muscles and sear your lungs / looking for that far away
place beyond the sky,
Push until exhaustion and fatigue call you away / leaving behind anger,
sadness and pain.
From great heights extend gossamer wings / catching the fleeting rays of
dawn,
Hovering in the blinding light of morning / diving with a whimsical
smile into the new day.

Re:Using NMSMTP in a WebModule?

Hi David,

> I am trying to develop a stand-alone CGI program that includes a
> NMSMTP component in the WebModule.  Problem is, whenever I try to
> access it, say:
>   WebModule1.NMSMTP1.host := 'smtp.interlog.com';
> I get a EAccessViolation error.  NMSMTP1 is a non-visual component
> so in theory it should work in a web module right?

I had some problems with the NMSMTP component, so I wrote my own TBSMTP
component (free to download from my website at http://www.drbob42.com/tdm
if you go to issue #35 of #36 of The Delphi Magazine and download the
source code for these issues)...

> David Kelk

Groetjes,
          Bob Swart (aka Dr.Bob - http://www.drbob42.com)