Runtime label formatting with D4 & QR3.03

I create lots of labels at run time inside a summary band. Then I do the
"AnyLabel.Alignment := taCenter;" thing, however, the label does NOT center
at all even though a check at runtime shows that the attribute has been
assigned properly.

The same behavior basically seems to apply to font settings. I assign every
font parameter there is, but it always takes the font settings from the
parent even though the ParentFont property is set to false!

Anyone knows what goes on here? Or anyone ran into the same problem?

Please reply. Your help is very much appreciated :)

Cheers

Johannes