Problems BDE Delphi 3 x BDE Delphi 4

I have the following problem :

I develop an application in Delphi 3, that uses Foxpro databases, in a
single directory. Now I try to use Delphi 4. Before I compile my
application, i make this steps :
1 - I uninstall the Delphi 3;
2 - I remove all BDE references (files used, etc;)
3 - I install a full version of Delphi 4 Client Serv Suite, including BDE
and SQL Links.

First  :  When I try to use my oldest compiled program ( In Delphi 3 ),
with one form that contains 2 tables related, when I scroll the master
table, the program froze ( in specifical cases !!!) . In same cases, the
program don't froze, but stay too much time and after don't display the
data of sub-detail table (spaces blank only..)

Second : When I try to compile my application, and generate an new .EXE,
the program generated make the same reponse.

Then I conclude that the problem is in BDE.

Anyone knows any high difference in BDE of Delphi 3 and BDE of Delphi 4 ??
Or a bug ?? I need to make big alterations in my application ??

Tks !!
Julio.

Re:Problems BDE Delphi 3 x BDE Delphi 4

Julio wrote:

> I have the following problem :

> I develop an application in Delphi 3, that uses Foxpro databases, in a
> single directory. Now I try to use Delphi 4. Before I compile my
> application, i make this steps :
> 1 - I uninstall the Delphi 3;
> 2 - I remove all BDE references (files used, etc;)
> 3 - I install a full version of Delphi 4 Client Serv Suite, including BDE
> and SQL Links.

> First  :  When I try to use my oldest compiled program ( In Delphi 3 ),
> with one form that contains 2 tables related, when I scroll the master
> table, the program froze ( in specifical cases !!!) . In same cases, the
> program don't froze, but stay too much time and after don't display the
> data of sub-detail table (spaces blank only..)

> Second : When I try to compile my application, and generate an new .EXE,
> the program generated make the same reponse.

> Then I conclude that the problem is in BDE.

> Anyone knows any high difference in BDE of Delphi 3 and BDE of Delphi 4 ??
> Or a bug ?? I need to make big alterations in my application ??

> Tks !!
> Julio.

Re:Problems BDE Delphi 3 x BDE Delphi 4

Julio,

I have simular problems ussing BDE for my delphi 2,delphi 3 and delphi 4
apps. Yes I have all 3 BDE's.  They are kind of upwardly compatible but in
many cases i get -Wrong Engine Version-.  As a quick fix i do not change the
app but just install the latest version of the BDe on the computer that has
the problem - es i know this is just a quick fix and will cause other
problems but usually i can fix them in time.  IF the BDE was the problem then
I would expect you would get that error.  You might skip the ODBC and try
opening the FOXPRO files as native mode DBASE files

Jay