drag and drop from an external application ?

Hi,

Does anybody knows if it is possible with D3 to do the following, and how,
or where could I find examples to start.

From a word processor (eg wordpad) select a range of text, drag it to a
Delphi windows and drop in a Tmemo or a TRichEdit.

TIA.

Re:drag and drop from an external application ?

"Martin" <Martin_RODOT@mrit_remove.com> wrote:
>From a word processor (eg wordpad) select a range of text, drag it to a
>Delphi windows and drop in a Tmemo or a TRichEdit.

Why don't you just try it?

You can drag text to/from WordPad (don't know about Word etc) and a
TRichEdit control without any additional coding, but not to/from a
TMemo or TEdit control.

If you need to be able to drag to TMemo or TEdit etc. you can find
drag/drop components at all the usual places (Torry's, DSP etc)  that
lets you do this.

Thank you for flying Air Melander.

+--------------------from usenet----------------------+
|  Anders Bo Melander    | Phone: (+45) 31 87 91 26   |
|  Finsensvej 79, 2. tv. | mailto:and...@melander.dk  |
|  DK-2000 Frederiksberg | http://www.melander.dk     |
|  Denmark               | flameto:bi...@microsoft.com|
+------------------------+----------------------------+

In article <01bdc698$a3f7da20$774ae8c3@fregate>, Martin wrote:
> From a word processor (eg wordpad) select a range of text, drag it to a
> Delphi windows and drop in a Tmemo or a TRichEdit.

TRichEdit already supports this (you can drag from Wordpad to TRichedit).
We provide a set of components that lets you drag and drop all kinds of
text and graphics between applications.  Take a look on our web site.
--
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 09:16 EDT
Jim O'Brien, UnitOOPS Software, http:/www.pobox.com/~unitoops

Other Threads