Paradox 7

I'm getting a 'Index is readonly' when trying to post to paradox 7 table.
I've rebuilt the index but to no avail. Any suggestions.

John Kerns

Re:Paradox 7

John Kerns wrote:

> I'm getting a 'Index is readonly' when trying to post to paradox 7 table.
> I've rebuilt the index but to no avail. Any suggestions.

> John Kerns

Change the index to maintained.  You may need to add a Primary index
first, as maintained secondary indexes need a primary first....

Re:Paradox 7

>I'm getting a 'Index is readonly' when trying to post to paradox 7 table.
>I've rebuilt the index but to no avail. Any suggestions.

If the index is not Maintained it is Readonly.
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:Paradox 7

I am trying to set up master -detail relationships with my paradox tables.
I'm using paradox 7 to do this.  I have no problem doing the first
master-detail relationship. However when I try to do another master detail
relationship with the detail table being different , but the same master
table I get the following error:

Detail Table Open Operation Failed

According to the help , something else might be open which is not the case
or my val file might be corrupted. I've blown them off several times and
get this problem every time. I've also rebooted and still get the problem.
Do I need a patch or is there something else I need to be aware of.

John Kerns

Re:Paradox 7

>I am trying to set up master -detail relationships with my paradox tables.
>I'm using paradox 7 to do this.  I have no problem doing the first
>master-detail relationship. However when I try to do another master detail
>relationship with the detail table being different , but the same master
>table I get the following error:

>Detail Table Open Operation Failed

Make sure that you don't have the detail table set to be readony and that the
index you are trying to link on is maintained.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Other Threads