Re.Brian Bushay TeamB's help on my problem

Sorry, I'm a newcomer to Delphi, trying to migrate from Foxpro. I
could'n understand your message. I have explicitly issued both
Table2.close and Table2.active := False in the program before calling
EmptyTable. Is this not the right way to close the table ? If not, will
you please guide me ? Essentially what I need is a synonymous routine to
the following XBase commands :
Use xyz.dbf
zap

Thanks,

Robin

Re:Re.Brian Bushay TeamB's help on my problem

If you are running your app from the IDE and the table is open at design
time your app cannot open the table exclusively to empty it.

--
Bill Todd

Re:Re.Brian Bushay TeamB's help on my problem

Have you tried setting the Exclusive prop. to false? Make sure you don't
have any other program using your tables (such as DD).
Dr.A.C.banerjee wrote in message <35EF1309.2E35C...@cal.vsnl.net.in>...
>Sorry, I'm a newcomer to Delphi, trying to migrate from Foxpro. I
>could'n understand your message. I have explicitly issued both
>Table2.close and Table2.active := False in the program before calling
>EmptyTable. Is this not the right way to close the table ? If not, will
>you please guide me ? Essentially what I need is a synonymous routine to
>the following XBase commands :
>Use xyz.dbf
>zap

>Thanks,

>Robin

Re:Re.Brian Bushay TeamB's help on my problem

>'m a newcomer to Delphi, trying to migrate from Foxpro. I
>could'n understand your message. I have explicitly issued both
>Table2.close and Table2.active := False in the program before calling
>EmptyTable. Is this not the right way to close the table ? If not, will
>you please guide me ? Essentially what I need is a synonymous routine to
>the following XBase commands :

Yes that will close a table.  However if you are using the Delphi designer (IDE)
an you have the table open in the designer it will not close that instance of
the table.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com