Paradox table is full

We are developing an application in Delphi 5.0 with tables in Paradox 7.0.
It is supposed to work with a large number of records.
One table has more than 360.000 records. The table is 128MB.
When we try to add new records, the message: "Table is full." appears.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re:Paradox table is full

Paradox tables are limited to 64k blocks. The default block size is 2k bytes
for a default maximum table size of 128 mb. Valid block sizes are 2, 4, 8,
16 and 32k. You can change the block size of an existing table with a
utility program at www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/utilities.html. To change
the default block size of tables you create in the future change the block
size parameter of the Paradox driver using BDE Administrator.

For large volumes of data, particularly in a multiuser environment, it would
be much better to use InterBase than Paradox.

--
Bill

Re:Paradox table is full

Thanks a lot for your detail answer.
Best regards,
Jasmina

"Bill Todd (TeamB)" <bill.nos...@dbginc.com> wrote in message

> Paradox tables are limited to 64k blocks. The default block size is 2k
bytes
> for a default maximum table size of 128 mb. Valid block sizes are 2, 4, 8,
> 16 and 32k. You can change the block size of an existing table with a
> utility program at www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/utilities.html. To
change
> the default block size of tables you create in the future change the block
> size parameter of the Paradox driver using BDE Administrator.

> For large volumes of data, particularly in a multiuser environment, it
would
> be much better to use InterBase than Paradox.

> --
> Bill
> (TeamB cannot answer questions received via email)

Other Threads