Vendor initialization failed on Personal Oracle 8i

I'm trying to connect to Personal Oracle 8i via BDE 5.1. I've have selected
sqlora8.dll as vendor init in the BDE administator, but when I try to logon
I get 'Vendor initialization failed'. The dll is in the windows\system and
the bde directory.
I have left the server name of the oracle alias empty.

Anyone?

Re:Vendor initialization failed on Personal Oracle 8i

Hello !

Do you have <ORACLE_HOME>\Bin directory
in your PATH ?

Regards,
Dmitry

Dmitry L. Arefiev, software developer
Author of NCOCI8 - Freeware Delphi to Oracle8i direct access

ICQ: 50741007
EMail: daref...@da-soft.com
WWW: http://www.da-soft.com

"David Jellema" <d.jell...@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:3a583bb0$1_1@dnews...
> I'm trying to connect to Personal Oracle 8i via BDE 5.1. I've have selected
> sqlora8.dll as vendor init in the BDE administator, but when I try to logon
> I get 'Vendor initialization failed'. The dll is in the windows\system and
> the bde directory.
> I have left the server name of the oracle alias empty.

> Anyone?

Other Threads