Displaying jpg,gif,etc

How can I go about displaying an image (jpg,gif,or whatever I need
to convert it to) as a sort of "startup" screen at the beginning of my
TurboVision program?

I am programming in Turbo Pascal 6.  I would like my program to
include a graphics screen that I don't know how to generate from the
Turbo Pascal graphics routines.  I have a hard copy of the image I
wish to appear on the screen, and I can get an electronic version of
the image in any format that I need.  How do I do this?

Many thanks,
Juan Bonta
Schol of Architecture, University of Maryland
j...@umail.umd.edu

Re:Displaying jpg,gif,etc

In article <4oinq4$...@cville-srv.wam.umd.edu> William Kupersanin wrote:

>How can I go about displaying an image (jpg,gif,or whatever I need
>to convert it to) as a sort of "startup" screen at the beginning of my
>TurboVision program?

>I am programming in Turbo Pascal 6.  I would like my program to
>include a graphics screen that I don't know how to generate from the
>Turbo Pascal graphics routines.  I have a hard copy of the image I
>wish to appear on the screen, and I can get an electronic version of
>the image in any format that I need.  How do I do this?

Had a similar requirement to display a graphic image that would
be displayed while a character-based CD-ROM application loaded
and initialized.  My solution was to launch the program through
a batch file.  Before starting the program, the batch file invoked
a graphic viewer that was designed to display one of two images
depending whether the video was EGA or VGA. The batch file
contained an embedded text screen that would be displayed if
viewer reported an error (e.g. other screens, CGA, etc or image
was not found.  The application checked the state of the screen
and responded accordingly.  It basically made a BIOS call to
display "Press and key to continue" and re-initialized the video
once a key was pressed.

The only real requirement is that the viewer be able to display
and exit leaving the decoded image on the screen.  If you're
interested in the viewer I wrote (PCX 2-16 Color), I'll email a
copy.

--
RDon...@gnn.com
http://members.gnn.com/rdonais/index.html