Modifying hint messages in OpenDialog

2003-09-16 07:38:56 PM
delphi161
Hi everybody,
I would like to modify the behavior of the standard OpenDialog component in
Delphi 6 to show my custom hints when the mouse pointer is over particular
file shown on the OpenDialog screen. By default the screen shows a hint with
the file extension and size.
I tried to access the (supposedly) integrated component on the dialog screen
in a similar way I have done with the QuickReport standard preview screen
(not the Preview component from the palette)- using '...client.parent..'. I
realize that the implementation of the OpenDialog may directly reference
Windows DLLs.
Is there a way I could implement custom hint messages?
Thank you in advance for any help?
Nayden