Re: WinCE embedded DB

2008-02-22 09:30:54 PM
delphi244
"Frenk" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
I was wandering if there is any peroformance benchmark between sqlite,
Blackfish and sqlce 3.5. Any links or papers? What would you suggest for
use in a real appliaction (100k records/per table max).
Rgds,
Frenk
I asked a similar question in borland.public.blackfish.general today. :-)
There is a limitation for asp.net apps with Sql CE.
(See my post in the abovementioned group.)
Trebor

Re: WinCE embedded DB

I was wandering if there is any peroformance benchmark between sqlite,
Blackfish and sqlce 3.5. Any links or papers? What would you suggest for use
in a real appliaction (100k records/per table max).
Don't have any hard figures anymore, but when we tested SQLite vs SQLCE
a year ago on handheld devices, they just weren't playing in the same
league (SQLite was far ahead in terms of memory usage, performance and
support of SQL query semantics).
But you should probably just import your test DB and make some runs.
Eric

Re: WinCE embedded DB

I don't think the CE version of Blackfish has shipped yet.
How to ask questions the smart way: