Re: Delphi 2008 native?

Iv writes:
With my Bugatti Veyron I will check Interstate 80.
I thought the car was not important?
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] www.teamb.com
"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for

Re: Delphi 2008 native?

dimitris escribiĆ³:
I don't care what M$ does. I am a developer and I want the best
programming tool. And so far it is D7.
Do you really try Delphi 2007 for win32? IMHO is the best tool ever released
for Delphi.
The only cons is .NET dependence (in clear words garbage collector),
despite that is a great improvement in use. off course if you feel
comfortable with Delphi 7 have no reason to change, but really really Delphi 2007 is
a great IDE.
--
Donald Shimoda
blogs.remobjects.com/blogs/donald.php

Re: Delphi 2008 native?

"Rod" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>je napisal v sporocilo
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:
I don't fear .net. I have evaluated .net. It is bullsxxx! It slows down
the Delphi IDE by factor 15-30. Most parts of the Help explorer are
written in .net. Great software!
Your claim of 15-30 factor is bul* you're talking about.
Please produce one mildly consistent proof of this factor or stop polluting
NGs with nonsense.
LP,
Dejan

Re: Delphi 2008 native?

Joanna Carter [TeamB] writes:
Iv a écrit :

>What offers .NET that I CANNOT do with Delphi6, for example??? Only
>ONE example and I will start use .NET from now :)
Reflection
Sure you can do Reflection in Delphi 6. If you turn off DEP on your
computer there is no limit to what you can do. ;) Seriously though, what
.NET Reflection features do you use that you can achieve in Delphi using
features such as RTTI and the TypInfo unit, the "as" and "is" operators
and the Supports function, event handlers and method pointers, or
interfaced objects with interface delegates?

Re: Delphi 2008 native?

Rod writes:
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:

>I have said so before, but I don't understand why developers would
>fear .NET, or refuse to use .NET. I can understand you don't want
>to burden your users with it, but heck, as a developer, it is not
>uncommon to install a lot of things the end-user will never see.

I don't fear .net. I have evaluated .net. It is bullsxxx! It slows
down the Delphi IDE by factor 15-30.
How do you know? AFAIK, the IDE doesn't come without it. Oh, some of
the IDE features dependent on it may be slow, but you can switch those
off, if you don't like them.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] www.teamb.com
"If there’s one thing I know it’s God does love a good joke."

Re: Delphi 2008 native?

"Iv" <ivan [at server] imibo.com>je napisal v sporočilo
With my Bugatti Veyron I will check Interstate 80.
What's the serial number (of the car)?
LP,
Dejan

Re: Delphi 2008 native?

yes, Dean, I accept.
Only short time for development. But, then... More time is spending for
support..
"DS" <Ds>writes news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
| "Iv" <ivan [at server] imibo.com>je napisal v sporočilo
| news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
|>What offers .NET that I CANNOT do with Delphi6, for example??? Only ONE
|>example and I will start use .NET from now :)
|
| Deliver solutions in shorter time, for example.
|
| But don't take my word for it.
| I prefer less competition.
|
| LP,
| Dejan

Re: Delphi 2008 native?

You are welcome :)
"DS" <Ds>writes news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
| "Iv" <ivan [at server] imibo.com>je napisal v sporočilo
| news:47b87400$XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
|>BTW, you do not have chance I to work for you :)
|>For last 20 years, I work only for me :)
|
| You're my hero.
|
| LP,
| Dejan

Re: Delphi 2008 native?

Iv writes:
:)
Is it the reason I to love my Bugatti
Yeah, right. But it is the reason I love my BMW. <g>
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] www.teamb.com
"In Germany they first came for the Communists,

Re: Delphi 2008 native?

news:47b8c0be$XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>With my Bugatti Veyron I will check Interstate 80.

What's the serial number (of the car)?
Was yours stolen, perhaps? <g>
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] www.teamb.com
"I begin by taking. I shall find scholars later to demonstrate

Re: Delphi 2008 native?

Cesar Romero escribiĆ³:
Delphi 2007 is really good and the very mostly productive IDE in my
opinion, but all .Net parts could be done in Win32, I dont see no
feature that can be done only in .Net.
Can be done implies recode that features, and is a waste of resource
just doing for the sake. I bet the bugs in memory leaks and crashes
inside latest Delphi versions was related to .NET parts, but now are
solved, why start figthing with new bugs in recoding for win32 pure ide?
I can love to see that, but have no sense and i can bet will dont see it
happens.
--
Donald Shimoda
blogs.remobjects.com/blogs/donald.php

Re: Delphi 2008 native?

Serial number??? My first and last name of course :))))))
"DS" <Ds>writes news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
| "Iv" <ivan [at server] imibo.com>je napisal v sporočilo
| news:47b8c0be$XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
|>With my Bugatti Veyron I will check Interstate 80.
|
| What's the serial number (of the car)?
|
| LP,
| Dejan

Re: Delphi 2008 native?

Wayne Niddery (TeamB) escribiĆ³:
"Rod" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

>#1: .net is not allowed on our dev machines (performance reasons)

Has it been determined how, exactly, having .Net installed slows down
your systems? .Net is just a set of DLLs, if they aren't used, they just
sit there.
Exactly.
Unnafortunately, theres a lot of unknowledge in the delphi comunnity
about .NET. I recommend reading .NET 2.0 for Delphi programmers from Jon
Shemitz (ISBN 1-59059-386-3). Is a great book for understand how work
.NET in behinds.
--
Donald Shimoda
blogs.remobjects.com/blogs/donald.php

Re: Delphi 2008 native?

Iv escribi?
With my Bugatti Veyron I will check Interstate 80.
Once again - All versions after D6/D7, do not offer something revolutionary
that cost they money.
Do a little research in the codegear web and try yourself for 2-3
months. I can tell you, you dont have idea wich are you talking about.
--
Donald Shimoda
blogs.remobjects.com/blogs/donald.php

Re: Delphi 2008 native?