Re: Delphi 2006 Splash Screen.

2005-12-04 12:44:27 AM
delphi79
On 3 Dec 2005 02:50:13 -0700, "Liz"
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
Either way, its only the splash screen, to me, its how the app works
and what it does that matters.
You got some seriously weird priorities!
- Asbjørn
:P

Re: Delphi 2006 Splash Screen.

You've missed that ":P" at the end of his message ;)
--
Regards,
Daniel

Re: Delphi 2006 Splash Screen.

"Joe Hendricks" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Here's the IRISH D2006 splash screen,
courtesy of Mike Best :-)
www.softwarerunners.com/tmp/d2006.jpg
Shouldn't this correctly be the "Borland Drinker Studio" ? ;-)
Levend.

Re: Delphi 2006 Splash Screen.

Michael Stum writes:
Exactly this one. Delphi 4 is my fav.
www.stum.de/dsplash/d4splash.jpg
Looks like a ray-tracing cliche to me. Puffy clouds, columned
architecture, translucent objects, reflection in extremely glossy
floor. All the hallmarks of a introduction to raytracing course.
I have trouble seeing how the DeXter splash screen qualifies as amateur
work, as well. it is clean, uncluttered, simple and does what it needs
to.

Liz writes:
Daniel "sakura" Wischnewski writes:

>You've missed that ":P" at the end of his message ;)

Ah.. I did .. sorry
Stay sorry, you missed it this time too
:p
--
Ingvar Nilsen
www.ingvarius.com

Re: Delphi 2006 Splash Screen.

>Delphi 4 is my fav.

Mine too
It looks nice. I bought D4 and only used it in one project, so I'd
forgotten what it looked like. At least there was something useful in
Delphi 4.
Oliver Townshend

Oliver Townshend writes:
>>Delphi 4 is my fav.
>
>Mine too

It looks nice. I bought D4 and only used it in one project, so I'd
forgotten what it looked like. At least there was something useful in
Delphi 4.
lol :)
I went almost directly from D3 to D5, and hardly used D4 at all, apart
from admiring the splash of course <g>
--
Ingvar Nilsen
www.ingvarius.com

Ingvar Nilsen writes:
>reflection in extremely glossy floor.
As far as I can see, the "glossy" floor is a Delphi desktop with the
editor window etc.
Yes. However, the super-reflective surface remains something that is
way overdone in ray tracing, regardless of the image mapped onto the
surface.

Re: Delphi 2006 Splash Screen.

On 3 Dec 2005 15:36:48 -0700, "Eric Schreiber" <eric at kobayashi dot
com>writes:
I have trouble seeing how the DeXter splash screen qualifies as amateur
work, as well. it is clean, uncluttered, simple and does what it needs
to.
I find the "borland delphi 2006" text looking something like some
total PS n00b would make. Since there's not much else on it, that's
the impression that remains. I also find it way too large.
But yeah, if d2006 is as stable as it should be, it is not exactly a
problem :P
- Asbjørn

Lord Crc writes:
I find the "borland delphi 2006" text looking something like some
total PS n00b would make
I agree, that text is really {*word*193}.
Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

Re: Delphi 2006 Splash Screen.

Nathanial Woolls writes:
I agree with LordCrc. The D2006 splash screen strikes me as horribly
amateur. The problem is this. I suck at graphics. Horribly. I can
barely muck my way around Photoshop. So, I know graphics are bad
and/or amateur if I'd know how to make them. If I can look at an
image and say "hey look it is a bevel and emboss filter", it is bad.
yay someone as bad as me!
--
Liz the Brit
Delphi things I have released: www.xcalibur.co.uk/DelphiThings

Eric Schreiber writes:
reflection in extremely glossy
floor.
As far as I can see, the "glossy" floor is a Delphi desktop with the
editor window etc.
--
Ingvar Nilsen
www.ingvarius.com

Re: Delphi 2006 Splash Screen.

Daniel "sakura" Wischnewski writes:
Well, as many have not seen it yet, here you go, a fully registered German
Version :-)
delphi-notes.blogspot.com/2005/12/bds-2006-splash-screen.html
I agree with LordCrc. The D2006 splash screen strikes me as horribly
amateur. The problem is this. I suck at graphics. Horribly. I can
barely muck my way around Photoshop. So, I know graphics are bad and/or
amateur if *I* would know how to make them. If I can look at an image

Liz writes:
>If I can look at an image and say "hey look it is a bevel and emboss
>filter", it is bad.

yay someone as bad as me!
How about a "worst splash screen ever" contest? You really think you could
beat Borland? Ha! ;-)
--
Ben

Nicholas Sherlock writes:
>I find the "borland delphi 2006" text looking something like some
>total PS n00b would make

I agree, that text is really {*word*193}.
Besides, black background is always depressing, Corporate Identity or
not...
--
Ben