FileGrep Failur installing Delphi 5

2003-11-06 08:31:29 PM
delphi23
At the end of installing Delphi 5 while creating registry data on a Win98
PC
I get following message:
FileGrep Failure: File_NOT_FOUND :reg.brf
and
FileGrep Failure: File_NOT_FOUND :pro.brf
I tryed it with an English and a German version of Delphi 5
and also reinstaled Win 98
but with no success
Has anyone an idea what causes this problem?

Re:FileGrep Failur installing Delphi 5

CAT writes:
At the end of installing Delphi 5 while creating registry data on a Win98
PC
I get following message:
FileGrep Failure: File_NOT_FOUND :reg.brf
and
FileGrep Failure: File_NOT_FOUND :pro.brf

I have never seen this error before. I'd recommend downloading and
installing the most up to date version of the Microsoft Windows
Installer for Windows 98. I just did a search on download.com and found
it here:
download.com.com/3000-2216-10104753.html
Once you update the installer, shut down your machine and restart,
disable all virus software that may be running in the background and try
installing Delphi again.
Regards,
Angel
--
Please visit our online support pages at www.borland.com/devsupport/
Angel Martinez (Borland Software Corporation)

Re:FileGrep Failur installing Delphi 5

After disabling the virus scaner "Norman", I was able to install delphi5
without problems.
Thanks and regards
CAT