Bold Model Decomposition

Hello there,
i'm a Bold newbye and I am actually understand if there's a way to use a
model, edited with the Bold UML editor in another UML model, in sesnse that
I can use classes and associations already defined.
Importing the model is not what i need, cause i can create duplicated code
if using both in the same application.
Is there any way to accomplish that?
thank to all
bonny

Re:Bold Model Decomposition

I don't think so ... Perheps you should try ECO. There you can place your
model in package and use it weather in application(s) or as base for
extension models.
Milan
"Bonny" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Hello there,

i'm a Bold newbye and I am actually understand if there's a way to use a
model, edited with the Bold UML editor in another UML model, in sesnse
that I can use classes and associations already defined.
Importing the model is not what i need, cause i can create duplicated code
if using both in the same application.
Is there any way to accomplish that?

thank to all
bonny

Re:Bold Model Decomposition

In Rose you can do it.
1) Make the packages "managed"
2) Generate code for them
3) Make a new model with those packages imported
4) Export to Bold
5) In your project add the pas + inc files previously generated before
generating code
I think that works.
--
Pete
====

Re:Bold Model Decomposition

Well, i have't Rose tools. I can only use Model Maker, but i still have to
learn it.
Could be a solution importing an already designed model, mark all classes as
transient and extend this with the new classes and associatons? This should
only generate types definitions without persistence stuff. (i.e. XML or
database only consider objects which are instances of the new classes).
Perhaps it is too unmanageble....
"Peter Morris [Droopy eyes software]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>ha
scritto nel messaggio news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
In Rose you can do it.

1) Make the packages "managed"
2) Generate code for them
3) Make a new model with those packages imported
4) Export to Bold
5) In your project add the pas + inc files previously generated before
generating code

I think that works.

--
Pete
====
ECO Modeler, Audio compression components, DIB graphics controls,
FastStrings
www.droopyeyes.com

Read or write articles on just about anything
www.HowToDoThings.com

My blog
blogs.slcdug.org/petermorris/

Re:Bold Model Decomposition

We've already bought Delphi 2005, I am waiting it arrives from my supplier.
thanks anyway

>Hello there,
>
>i'm a Bold newbye and I am actually understand if there's a way to use a
>model, edited with the Bold UML editor in another UML model, in sesnse
>that I can use classes and associations already defined.
>Importing the model is not what i need, cause i can create duplicated
>code if using both in the same application.
>Is there any way to accomplish that?
>
>thank to all
>bonny

Re:Bold Model Decomposition

I don't think you will get it working with MM.
--
Pete
====
ECO Modeler, Audio compression components, DIB graphics controls,
FastStrings
www.droopyeyes.com
Read or write articles on just about anything
www.HowToDoThings.com
My blog
blogs.slcdug.org/petermorris/

Re:Bold Model Decomposition

Another question.
I read your (i think was yours) article about Role Pattern. it is what i'm
trying to implement in a more dynamic way.
The idea is to add new roles to certain entities so they can be used by new
tools in order to evaluate features not yet presumable.
(We are working on a particular domain, vith different view at different
degree of complexity).
I supposed i can deploy new tools as plugin which can integrate the model
with new roles.
i'm i completly wrong? is it possible?
[...]

I can not tell you if it is possible or not because I can not work out
exactly what you are asking :-)
--
Pete
====
ECO Modeler, Audio compression components, DIB graphics controls,
FastStrings
www.droopyeyes.com
Read or write articles on just about anything
www.HowToDoThings.com
My blog
blogs.slcdug.org/petermorris/

Re:Bold Model Decomposition

Right, you're right!
I work on a farm model used by lot of different tools, each of which need
different data about different entities to carry on some evaluation.
I'm trying simply to make them agree on a common model, with the possibility
for each of them to add somthing to it at any time they want.
So there's a common ontology defining very basic entities on which all
agree.
But some of this entities (i.e. the Land) have different attributes if they
are viewed from bio-physical model and, say, a management model. Instead of
collecting all this attributes at compile time i hope to let advanced user
to add new attributes (read roles) in the futere.
Understand?
Those are problems in working with inter-disciplinar projects!!
"Peter Morris [Droopy eyes software]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>ha
scritto nel messaggio news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
I can not tell you if it is possible or not because I can not work out exactly
what you are asking :-)

--
Pete
====
ECO Modeler, Audio compression components, DIB graphics controls,
FastStrings
www.droopyeyes.com

Read or write articles on just about anything
www.HowToDoThings.com

My blog
blogs.slcdug.org/petermorris/

Re:Bold Model Decomposition

I'd say the answer depends.
1) Is it lots of different people using the same database who need to
see different things, or
2) Different customers want to see different things, but within the
customer's company the object form will always look the same?
--
Pete
====
ECO Modeler, Audio compression components, DIB graphics controls,
FastStrings
www.droopyeyes.com
Read or write articles on just about anything
www.HowToDoThings.com
My blog
blogs.slcdug.org/petermorris/

Re:Bold Model Decomposition

It is supposed both.
From one side developers should be able to use the same db schema (not
necessary the same instance) in order to create specialized tools,
eventually adding new features to the schema (i.e. agronomist may want to
add tool for biomass growing computation in the farm fields, so they need
nitrate content in the farm soil).
On the other side, once the new features are added their values must be part
of the DB instance and the concept of "soil" is understand by the system
also without the nitrate contents.
So we have different level of users.
Advanced users (developers) that change DB schema extending it.
Final users which fill part of the DB instance and, to complicate things
more, can create different copy of the instance in order to compare the
behaviour of different situations.
Trying to describe all this things is a good exercise for me, 'cause I am in
still analizing the whole system an designing it, so thanks anyway and,
please, let me know if you've understand anything.