Re: Delphi 8 available in piracy sites and still not in my house?

2004-01-13 09:25:41 AM
delphi230
msangali writes:
>I live in Argentina, and still have not my copy of Borland Delphi 8
>Professional.

Same here in Brazil.
Same here in Thailand and we are about an hour away from S'pore.

Re: Delphi 8 available in piracy sites and still not in my house?

Youseful Software writes:
# Could you please report the piracy to XXXX@XXXXX.COM please?
Then how would people get the software they've paid for?

Re: Delphi 8 available in piracy sites and still not in my house?

On 12 Jan 2004 09:30:54 -0700, writes:
I don't know the facts regarding when people were billed vs. when
product was shipped, but billing and then shipping product some time
later is certainly not illegal in the U.S. -- or, if it is
It is against most credit card company rules to bill a client and not ship
within a reasonable amount of time. If too many clients complain, you can
loose your merchant account. The credit card companies are not asleep. I
even had once to prove using UPS shipping numbers I actually shipped my
products before they would release the funds paid by my client on their
credit card.
Cheers,
Kevin
--
Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: www.opera.com/m2/

Derek Davidson writes:
>I guess all the customers are more important (as it should be!)

Could you repeat that in a VERY large font, print it, then dash around
to John Kaster's door and stick it on there? <g,d & r>
I think that is an insult in John's direction. It also shows you don't
understand his commitment to customers.
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."

Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) writes:
I think that is an insult in John's direction. It also shows you don't
understand his commitment to customers.
I think that indicates a break in your humour protocol :) (psst: check
the <vbg>at the end of my statement Rudy)
--
Derek Davidson
www.enterpriseblue.com

Derek Davidson writes:
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) writes:

>I think that is an insult in John's direction. It also shows you don't
>understand his commitment to customers.

I think that indicates a break in your humour protocol :) (psst: check
the <vbg>at the end of my statement Rudy)
A very big smile doesn't make it less of an insult, IMO.
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)
"Incrementing C by 1 is not enough to make a good object-oriented

Re: Delphi 8 available in piracy sites and still not in my house?

Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) writes:
Well,let's examine it without me having added a <vbg>. The definition
of insult in dictionary.com:
"To treat with gross insensitivity, insolence, or contemptuous
rudeness."
So you're telling me that asking for a sign that states "I guess all
the customers are more important (as it should be!)" to be placed on
John Kaster's door is an insult?
That aside Rudy, I KNOW that John is quite capable for sticking up for
himself. If my statement offended YOU, then that is a different matter.
But let's put that down to a difference in our languages shall we?
--
Derek Davidson
www.enterpriseblue.com

Derek Davidson writes:
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) writes:

Well,let's examine it without me having added a <vbg>. The definition
of insult in dictionary.com:
I know the defintion of "insult" without a dictionary. The fact that you
try to lecture me doesn't make this any better.
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)
"... one of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,

Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) writes:
The fact that you
try to lecture me doesn't make this any better.
Lecture you? I am trying to explain in simple terms why it was *NOT* an
insult but you seem determined on your interpretation, so I will leave
you to that.
--
Derek Davidson
www.enterpriseblue.com

Derek Davidson writes:
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) writes:

>The fact that you
>try to lecture me doesn't make this any better.

Lecture you? I am trying to explain in simple terms why it was NOT an
insult
I think it was. No need for simple terms, I can read English and even
have a moderate understanding of the words.
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)
"I criticize by creation - not by finding fault." -- Cicero (106-43 B.C.)

Derek Davidson writes:
So you're telling me that asking for a sign that states "I guess all
the customers are more important (as it should be!)" to be placed on
John Kaster's door is an insult?
Yes. Your remark clearly implies that John Kaster, a DevRel person,
doesn't give a hoot about the customer, and that someone should tell him
that.
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)
"My advice to you is get married: if you find a good wife you will be