IBX 6.08 - ChangeCount question

I'm using TIBClientDataSet.
ChangeCount remain to 1 when i post multiple modifications to a record
(ie make a change, post, make another change, post).
How could i know how *differents* changes have been made to my record so
i can inform user ?
TIA
Emmanuel.

Re:IBX 6.08 - ChangeCount question

Emmanuel Jaeckert writes:

I'm using TIBClientDataSet.
Don't.
ChangeCount remain to 1 when i post multiple modifications to a record
(ie make a change, post, make another change, post).

You've only changed one record. That is what change count represents.
How could i know how *differents* changes have been made to my record so
i can inform user ?

You can't. Only one delta is kept any ways so you can not get at the intermediate
changes.
TIA
Emmanuel.
--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build

"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" a écrit dans :
>I'm using TIBClientDataSet.

Don't.
Why is it not a good idea please ?
>How could i know how *differents* changes have been made to my
record so
>i can inform user ?

You can't. Only one delta is kept any ways so you can not get at the
intermediate
changes.

I wonder then how UndoLastChange work..it's able ton undo one change
then undo others and so on isn't it ?
Thanks for your answers.

"Emmanuel Jaeckert" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:

"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" a écrit dans :

>>I'm using TIBClientDataSet.
>
>Don't.

Why is it not a good idea please ?
Read the release notes. It is a depriciated componetn and will
not exist in future versions. It isn't even included in the
default install anymore for a reason.

"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" a écrit :
>>>I'm using TIBClientDataSet.
>>
>>Don't.
>
>Why is it not a good idea please ?

Read the release notes. It is a depriciated componetn and will
not exist in future versions. It isn't even included in the
default install anymore for a reason.
does it mean than ClientDataset should not be longer used ?
which component then provides support of these 'undolastchange' that
clientdataset did ?

"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" a écrit :

>>>Don't.
>>
>>Why is it not a good idea please ?
>
>Read the release notes. It is a depriciated componetn and will
>not exist in future versions. It isn't even included in the
>default install anymore for a reason.

does it mean than ClientDataset should not be longer used ?
No, IBClientDataset, like the BDEClientDataSet and dbExpress
version decended from a local client dataset class. That class
is going away due to a lot of inherent problems with it. This
has nothing to do with the normal dataset/provider/cds
combination.

"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>a écrit :
>does it mean than ClientDataset should not be longer used ?

No, IBClientDataset, like the BDEClientDataSet and dbExpress
version decended from a local client dataset class. That class
is going away due to a lot of inherent problems with it. This
has nothing to do with the normal dataset/provider/cds
combination.
Excuse me but i feel unconfortable as I am just beginning with those
concepts.
If i understand what you said should i consider not using nor
TClientDataSet nor TIBClientDataSet ?.
Perhaps somebody could provide a link about 'state of the art' of
programming Databases with Delphi ?
TIA
Emmanuel.

Re:IBX 6.08 - ChangeCount question

"Emmanuel Jaeckert" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:

Excuse me but i feel unconfortable as I am just beginning with those
concepts.
If i understand what you said should i consider not using nor
TClientDataSet nor TIBClientDataSet ?.

No, TClientDataset has not been depriciated. TIBClientDataset is a
different class with a different parentage and that is
depriciated.

Re:IBX 6.08 - ChangeCount question

Thanks a lot.
Emmanuel.