license information

G'day all.
I have just had the drama of my XP Pro disk crashing with some
bad sectors and corruption of the registry. I have managed to
retrieve much of the disk and everything seems to work fine EXCEPT my Delphi 7. I had been using D7Pro for over a year now,
but on my resurected disk it now comes up with an error
"Borland License information was found, but it is not valid for
Delphi. You cannot run Delphi without thie information. Click
Exit to exit Delphi"
I have tried 2x to uninstall Delphi 7 and re-install it from my
original disk, but to no avail.
Is there any way around this? I'd like to avoid having to
reformat, now I have retrieved over 90% of the info on the disk
Cheers
Bill

Re:license information

"Bill C" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

G'day all.
I have just had the drama of my XP Pro disk crashing with some
bad sectors and corruption of the registry. I have managed to
retrieve much of the disk and everything seems to work fine EXCEPT my
Delphi 7. I had been using D7Pro for over a year now,
but on my resurected disk it now comes up with an error
"Borland License information was found, but it is not valid for
Delphi. You cannot run Delphi without thie information. Click
Exit to exit Delphi"
I have tried 2x to uninstall Delphi 7 and re-install it from my
original disk, but to no avail.
Is there any way around this? I'd like to avoid having to
reformat, now I have retrieved over 90% of the info on the disk
In my experience, once a hard drive develops bad sectors, the only
safe thing to do is replace it with a new one. I'd also have the
whole machine checked over by a competent technician before
investing in a new drive.
Having said that, there is a registry cleaning utility that ships with
Delphi. It is called D7RegClean and it is located in the bin directory.
You could try copying it to another directory, perform an uninstall and
run D7RegClean to really clean out your registry. Then reinstall.
Good luck.
--
Charles Appel
"A generation which ignores history has no past - and no future."

Re:license information

G'day all,
Does any one have any ideas on how to recover from this problem and fix the license data? I figure that BORLAND should have
some, so I'd REALLY appreciate an answer.
All my disk testing now shows that the disk is behaving
properly again. I'd REALLY like to recover this disk and
get Delphi 7 Pro working again.
Cheers
Bill

Re:license information

Bill,
If you have your original disk with the serial number xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
and Key yyy-yyy then I think all you need to do is re-install enter SerNo
and Key complete installation then it will ask u to register with Borland.
Logon to your account with which you originally registered (if u have more
than one account then u must find the correct one). If this fails with an
error saying something like invalid xxyyzz then its prob' because u have
used wrong account.
I have done this a number of times when swapping to another PC, However i
think Borland may block to many attempts to re-register, this was the
indication I got when I used the incorrect username/account.
Hope this helps
Tony in Sunny Melbourne!!
"Bill C" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

G'day all,
Does any one have any ideas on how to recover from this problem and fix
the license data? I figure that BORLAND should have
some, so I'd REALLY appreciate an answer.

All my disk testing now shows that the disk is behaving
properly again. I'd REALLY like to recover this disk and
get Delphi 7 Pro working again.

Cheers
Bill

Re:license information

Hi Tony
Thanks for your suggestion. But I have uninstalled D7, then re-installed using my original disk, SN and Key. Still comes up with the error and won't allow Delphi 7 to run.
Cheers (from sunnier Adelaide)
Bill

>G'day all,
>Does any one have any ideas on how to recover from this problem and fix
>the license data? I figure that BORLAND should have
>some, so I'd REALLY appreciate an answer.
>
>All my disk testing now shows that the disk is behaving
>properly again. I'd REALLY like to recover this disk and
>get Delphi 7 Pro working again.
>
>Cheers
>Bill

Re:license information

"Bill C" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Hi Tony
Thanks for your suggestion. But I have uninstalled D7, then re-installed
using my original disk, SN and Key. Still comes up with the error and won't
allow Delphi 7 to run.
Did you get your problem sorted out? If you did, can I ask what did you do?
I'm in almost the same predicament, except I started getting the message
after a reboot, and I had Delphi 7 installed for over 1 year now. I did
have to kill Delphi 7 before doing the reboot, it was already a few times
that I had to kill Delphi 7 by that time(most of the time it is stable).
I haven't tried to reinstall, yet, because of all of the components that I'm
currently using, it would take me close to half a day to do the
reinstallation. Anyway, I am just curious, especially when seeing that even
after a full reinstall on a new disk gave the same behavior.
Daniel Rail