Socket Error #10110 when application deployed

Hello All,
I have a Delphi 7 Professional application using the Indy Components TldSMTP
and TldMessage. Application runs perfect when I run on development machine
that has Delphi 7 installed. When I deploy to another machine I get the
"Socket Error #10110" error message.
Any Ideas,
Gregory B. Brooks

Re:Socket Error #10110 when application deployed

I sent this a while back. I was slow in checking for solutions. Now message
is not in newsgroup.
So I am trying again.
Running on Windows NT 4.0
I tried copying all of the *.bpl's on development machine to deployment
machine and still get Socket Error #10110.
Anybody have any thoughts as to what I am missing?
Thanks,
Gregory B. Brooks
I have a Delphi 7 Professional application using the Indy Components
TldSMTP
and TldMessage. Application runs perfect when I run on development
machine
that has Delphi 7 installed. When I deploy to another machine I get the
"Socket Error #10110" error message.

Any Ideas,
Gregory B. Brooks

Re:Socket Error #10110 when application deployed

Are you sure TCP/IP is properly installed on this other computer ?
Try with PING at the command line to ping between one that work and one that
doesn't work, pinging from one to the other and the reverse also.
--
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
The author for the freeware multi-tier middleware MidWare
de news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...

"Gregory B. Brooks" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
Running on Windows NT 4.0
I tried copying all of the *.bpl's on development machine to deployment
machine and still get Socket Error #10110.

Anybody have any thoughts as to what I am missing?
From the Platform SDK:
"10110 | No more results can be returned by WSALookupServiceNext. |
WSA_E_NO_MORE"
I have no idea what would cause that though.
Cheers,
Ignacio

Re:Socket Error #10110 when application deployed

Both development and deployment machine on same netgear hub feeding same
network.
I can ping several different addresses on both boxes including the smtp
server.
All of our computers are staged via corporate and the TCP/IP should be the
same.
Appears so anyway, since ping works.
On second note, I downloaded your free ICS and Midware components. Pretty
impressive.
Looks like you have been programming a while. Would consider using ICS.
But I already have this application working in Delphi 5 and have completed
migration to Delphi 7. Delphi 5 had FastNet components and Delphi 7 has
Indy components. Really curious as to why I get this error.
"Francois PIETTE" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Are you sure TCP/IP is properly installed on this other computer ?
Try with PING at the command line to ping between one that work and one
that
doesn't work, pinging from one to the other and the reverse also.

--
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
The author for the freeware multi-tier middleware MidWare
www.overbyte.be

"Gregory B. Brooks" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>a écrit dans le message
de news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
>I sent this a while back. I was slow in checking for solutions. Now
message
>is not in newsgroup.
>So I am trying again.
>
>Running on Windows NT 4.0
>I tried copying all of the *.bpl's on development machine to deployment
>machine and still get Socket Error #10110.
>
>Anybody have any thoughts as to what I am missing?
>
>Thanks,
>Gregory B. Brooks

You know how some things seem so simple after you figure them out. Well, I
feel really dumb...
I have a mail.ini that reads in all the important stuff....Yeah, I forgot to
put that on deployment machine.
Here is what I was missing. No ini file, reading in all the bogus defaults.
procedure TfrmStockout3.ReadConfiguration;
var
MailIni: TIniFile;
begin
MailIni := TIniFile.Create(ExtractFilePath(ParamStr(0)) + 'Mail.ini');
with MailIni do begin
IncomingServerName := ReadString('Incoming', 'ServerName',
'pop3.server.com');
IncomingServerPort := StrToInt(ReadString('Incoming', 'ServerPort',
'110'));
IncomingServerUser := ReadString('Incoming', 'ServerUser',
'your_login');
IncomingServerPassword := ReadString('Incoming', 'ServerPassword',
'your_password');
IncomingServerType := ReadInteger('Incoming', 'IncomingServerType', 0);
OutgoingServerName := ReadString('Outgoing', 'ServerName',
'smtp.server.com');
OutgoingServerPort := StrToInt(ReadString('Outgoing', 'ServerPort',
'25'));
OutgoingServerUser := ReadString('Outgoing', 'ServerUser',
'your_login');
OutgoingServerPassword := ReadString('Outgoing', 'ServerPassword',
'your_password');
OutgoingAuthType := ReadInteger('Outgoing',
'OutgoingAuthenticationType', 0);
UserEmail := ReadString('Email', 'PersonalEmail', 'XXXX@XXXXX.COM');
end;
MailIni.Free;