dbExpress and Firebird embedded.

2003-11-06 11:28:05 PM
delphi247
I am trying to use the embedded Firebird server (RC6) with dbexpress. I
choose "IBConnection" or "IBLocal" for the ConnectionName property of the
SQLConnection component.
I set the params and, in the "Database" param I write the full path to the
database including its name.
When I try to set the "Connected" property to "True" I get the "unavailable
database" message. Do you know why is this happening?... Is it possible to
use the embedded Firebird server with dbexpress?... IF not... how can I get
an embedded database in my tiny app?, what should I use?
Thanks in advance...
Regards...
Adrian.-
PS: Sorry about my english
Adrian De Armas ICQ#: 53420113 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me

Re:dbExpress and Firebird embedded.

database := locahost:/path/to/gdb
make sure your server is running

Re:dbExpress and Firebird embedded.

If the database is embedded in your app, is it running at design time?
John
"De Armas Adrian" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes news:<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>...
I am trying to use the embedded Firebird server (RC6) with dbexpress. I
choose "IBConnection" or "IBLocal" for the ConnectionName property of the
SQLConnection component.
I set the params and, in the "Database" param I write the full path to the
database including its name.

When I try to set the "Connected" property to "True" I get the "unavailable
database" message. Do you know why is this happening?... Is it possible to
use the embedded Firebird server with dbexpress?... IF not... how can I get
an embedded database in my tiny app?, what should I use?

Thanks in advance...

Regards...

Adrian.-

PS: Sorry about my english
Adrian De Armas ICQ#: 53420113 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me

Re:dbExpress and Firebird embedded.

"Bill Todd" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 12:28:05 -0300, "De Armas Adrian"
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:

>s it possible to
>use the embedded Firebird server with dbexpress?.

I do not know if it is possible or not but it is not supported. You
Sure it is possible - and supported. But you probably need to change
a couple of things like "VendorLib" and so on.
And you might try the dbExpress driver for Firebird at www.upscene.com
--
With regards,
Martijn Tonies

Re:dbExpress and Firebird embedded.

My apologies Martijn. I should have said that using the InterBase
dbExpress driver with Firebird is not supported but that there is a
third party driver for Firebird available.
No problem - a reminder sometimes helps :-)