I'm stuck: Inheriting forms to repository and adding properties

I'm having some real headaches trying to add my own form to the
repository.

I have a form on the lines of

  TMyForm = class (TForm)
  private
  published
    property OnMyEvent : TMyEvent read... write... //etc
  end;

My aim is to put this form into the repository and have OnMyEvent
available from the object inspector.  I have tried building this onto my
component palette and I can see from dropping this form onto another
form that the properties are available there.  However, if I try
creating a new one via the repository - even though I select "inherit" -
I am getting no joy; only the TForm properties/events appear.

Ho hum, I'm going mad.

If anyone can help me, please do!

Thanks in advance,
Adrian

Re:I'm stuck: Inheriting forms to repository and adding properties

I'm starting to believe that Delphi has a buggy/sticky tape
implementation of the repository.  I tried instead inheriting from a
TCustomForm (no published events in that base class) and adding that to
the repository.  The object inspector still shows *ALL* the properties
and events published in TForm... I smell foul play.

Still tearing hair out,

Adrian

Adrian wrote:

> I'm starting to believe that Delphi has a buggy/sticky tape
> implementation of the repository.  I tried instead inheriting from a
> TCustomForm (no published events in that base class) and adding that to
> the repository.  The object inspector still shows *ALL* the properties
> and events published in TForm... I smell foul play.

> Still tearing hair out,

> Adrian

try:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/9006/index.html

I believe, the "Custom Forms Pack" will solve all your problems...

Michael

Other Threads