Lan Programs

Does anyone out there have a simple program that connects to another
computer <running the same program> and passes data to it through tcp/ip
or ipx???  doesn't need to be fancy just a simple connect, pass info,
close program would be helpful..

  Mark Zwicker
  m...@adventus.com

Re:Lan Programs

Hi all

I wrote a pair of programs (server and client) which do just this.

The server sends 4 strings to the client (running anywhere on the network)
to start any program.  At present there is a bug in the timing between the
4 transmitted strings on fast machines but this should be easy to fix.

If anyone is interested in the source code send me a note and I will reply
with attachment.

All the best Steve

Mark Zwicker <m...@adventus.com> wrote in article
<367037EB.296C0...@adventus.com>...

> Does anyone out there have a simple program that connects to another
> computer <running the same program> and passes data to it through tcp/ip
> or ipx???  doesn't need to be fancy just a simple connect, pass info,
> close program would be helpful..

>   Mark Zwicker
>   m...@adventus.com

Re:Lan Programs

Mark,

I do have a couple of examples... but they do rather more than you might
care for, and the TCP stuff is buried in several thousand lines of my
own comms code. However, you might like to take a look at my web
pages.... there's some info about dWinsock there, which you might like
to try. If you have Delphi 3 or above... then the TCP controls come
built in (although I much prefer dWinsock). I'll have a look through the
various test compilations I have{*word*154} around on my machine, and see
if I can find one that does something trivially simple like transferring
a stream.

--
Martin Harvey.
Totally rewritten web pages at:

Mark Zwicker wrote:

> Does anyone out there have a simple program that connects to another
> computer <running the same program> and passes data to it through tcp/ip
> or ipx???  doesn't need to be fancy just a simple connect, pass info,
> close program would be helpful..

>   Mark Zwicker
>   m...@adventus.com

Re:Lan Programs

I had quite a number of people requesting the source so I have now placed
the zip file on my web page..

The following link should get the file...

http://www.strangemagic.com/freestuff/remotecontrol.zip

Regards
Steve

Mark Zwicker <m...@adventus.com> wrote in article
<367037EB.296C0...@adventus.com>...

> Does anyone out there have a simple program that connects to another
> computer <running the same program> and passes data to it through tcp/ip
> or ipx???  doesn't need to be fancy just a simple connect, pass info,
> close program would be helpful..

>   Mark Zwicker
>   m...@adventus.com

Other Threads