Quick Report 1 Printer Dialog

Delphians,

I have a Delphi 2 program with about 50 reports in Quickreport 1.  I
have a custom preview, so that I can display a printdialog.  One of the
users is bothered by the radio button "All 100000 pages" which shows on
the printdialog.  Is there any way I can make it say "All 151 pages" or
however many pages are in the report?  Quickreport 1 quickreport
component doesn't recognize the printersettings property.  I have a
printdialog component on my preview screen, but setting the minpage and
maxpage properties of that doesn't do anything.

Thanks in advance,
Sue Sarlette

Re:Quick Report 1 Printer Dialog

Sue Sarlette wrote:

> Delphians,

> I have a Delphi 2 program with about 50 reports in Quickreport 1.  I
> have a custom preview, so that I can display a printdialog.  One of the
> users is bothered by the radio button "All 100000 pages" which shows on
> the printdialog.  Is there any way I can make it say "All 151 pages" or
> however many pages are in the report?  Quickreport 1 quickreport
> component doesn't recognize the printersettings property.  I have a
> printdialog component on my preview screen, but setting the minpage and
> maxpage properties of that doesn't do anything.

> Thanks in advance,
> Sue Sarlette

Sue,

I use D1 & QR1.1a, but I believe all this would apply to D2 as well,
with, what is it QR1.1b?

You have to get the settings from your PrinterSetupDialog and stuff em
into the QRPrinter object:

procedure TFrmPreviewForm.PrintButtonClick(Sender: TObject);
begin
 if PrintDialog.Execute then
 begin
  QRPrinter.Copies   := PrintDialog.Copies;
  QRPrinter.FromPage := PrintDialog.FromPage;
  QRPrinter.ToPage   := PrintDialog.ToPage;
  QRPrinter.Print;

Dunno about the buttons with "100000 Pages" on it!!!

HTH
--
Howard Chandler, Jr.
Microsource Corporation