Cannot access package information for package ''.

Delphi 4.03 / NT4.0 SP4 English

On a certain machine, when I want to install some trial shareware
components, if I try to recompile the components opening the supplied
*.dpk file I got the following error:

Cannot access package information for package ''.

and cannot further install the components. The same procedure works
perfectlyon another PC (similar configuration).

In this way I can only test components that include and already built
*.bpl file....

I did not find any reference to the above error in docs, newgroups, etc.

Anyone know the exact cause of this error ? Any help will be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Beppe Bonariva