Anybody use an ftArray field?

I'd like to use a couple of fields in a TTable
as ftArray.  Can anybody give me an example of
reading and writing to this field?

My array will have 15 elements of type Integer.
I can find no examples in the D5 help system.

Thanks,
Jason Welter

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Re:Anybody use an ftArray field?

An array field is not part of Delphi, but the database you are using.  Not
many databases support array fields.  An array field is defined in the
table, and when accessed in Delphi, gets assigned the ftArray field type.
Check the documentation for the DB you are using.
<jwel...@sawtek.com> wrote in message news:8b595n$9rs$1@nnrp1.deja.com...

> I'd like to use a couple of fields in a TTable
> as ftArray.  Can anybody give me an example of
> reading and writing to this field?

> My array will have 15 elements of type Integer.
> I can find no examples in the D5 help system.

> Thanks,
> Jason Welter

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Re:Anybody use an ftArray field?

<jwel...@sawtek.com> wrote in message news:8b595n$9rs$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> I'd like to use a couple of fields in a TTable
> as ftArray.  Can anybody give me an example of
> reading and writing to this field?

> My array will have 15 elements of type Integer.
> I can find no examples in the D5 help system.

I would not recommend array fields, rather use another table to store the
values.

Joanna

Other Threads