trouble when using m$ access in Active Server Object with ADO

I am developing a Active Server Object which uses ADO to connect a m$
Access database. But in normal setting IIS server don't reply
when I visit asp using this asp component. When I debug it,
I will get error
  Project DLLHOST.EXE raised exception class EOleException with Message
'unknown error'.
When using SQL Server, It works fine. But It is too small to using SQL
Server.
Now I find a way to let it work fine with m$ Access:
  Set anonymous connect to windows account form IUSR_computername to
Adminstrator.
But it is too dangerous and trouble when I need use this component in
other computers.
Anyone can give me some advice?

Kaven

Re:trouble when using m$ access in Active Server Object with ADO

"kaven" <unm...@sf.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> I am developing a Active Server Object which uses ADO to connect a m$
> Access database. But in normal setting IIS server don't reply
> when I visit asp using this asp component. When I debug it,
> I will get error
>   Project DLLHOST.EXE raised exception class EOleException with Message
> 'unknown error'.
> When using SQL Server, It works fine. But It is too small to using SQL
> Server.
> Now I find a way to let it work fine with m$ Access:
>   Set anonymous connect to windows account form IUSR_computername to
> Adminstrator.
> But it is too dangerous and trouble when I need use this component in
> other computers.
> Anyone can give me some advice?

Does the user "IUSR_computername" have read and write access to your
database file?

Does this user have the right to create a file in the directory
where your db file is stored? (the jet engine wants to create the
file xxx.ldb)

If not, give this user the explicit permission
(explorer->properties->security)
to read/write the directory.

greetings
Andreas Schmidt