IdTCPClient.Connect - Connect Timeout caused by ipsec

Hi

I am writing in application using Indy 9 components. My computer network is
running IPsec. Everything works fine in normal case.

Now my problem: if I am doing an

   IdTCPClient.Connect(10000);

to a server without proper IPsec authentification (e.g. because the client
has the wrong preshared key) I get an EIdConnectTimeout exception. That's
the same exception I get if for example the server is not connected to the
network at all.

My question: Is there any way for the client to find out that the actual
reason for the connection timeout was IPsec?

I would like the client to react for example by displaying a message "Wrong
IPsec authentification - connection refused by server".

Thanks for any help!
Dani

Re:IdTCPClient.Connect - Connect Timeout caused by ipsec

"Dani" <daniel.ruetimann.nos...@dartecs.com.nospam> wrote in

> My question: Is there any way for the client to find out that the actual
> reason for the connection timeout was IPsec?

If its a timeout - its a timeout. No error is returned from the other side.
Do not confuse a timeout with a failure. Thus when timeout, there is no info
available.

--

ELKNews FREE Edition - Empower your News Reader! http://www.atozedsoftware.com

Re:IdTCPClient.Connect - Connect Timeout caused by ipsec

Well I know that a timeout is a timeout. But in my case I know (because of
my test szenario) that the timeout is caused by the connection being refused
by IPsec! Why does this give a timeout and not some other ("graceful")
message?

> Well I know that a timeout is a timeout. But in my case I know (because
> of my test szenario) that the timeout is caused by the connection being
> refused by IPsec! Why does this give a timeout and not some other
> ("graceful") message?

But the client has NO way of knowing this. It only knows that it could not
connect in the time given.

  Is Indy useful to you? Send a postcard please!
  http://www.hower.org/kudzu/indypost.html