Active Server Page objects?

I am thinking about a internet web site project, using a database and lots
of html user interface.  I was thinking of IIS 5 and ADO and VBScript ASP
pages.

Then I found out I could use Delphi to turn any application into an Active
Server Page object and run it from a simple ASP page.

What are the advantages and problems with this approach?  It is attractive
to just write the whole web site as a Delphi database application that
writes html code to the generated ASP page.  The site could just be a single
ASP page, with some variable to indicate where the user really is in a
'virtual page' hierarchy!  This seems sure to be too confusing to write and
maintain, though.

What is the best way to use an ASP object in a project like this?  Just for
small computational tasks on various ASP pages?  Could ASP objects handle
all the database operations?

Thanks for any input on this.
-Alfred

Re:Active Server Page objects?

  From what I know, you can use Delphi to write ASP objects (like those of
Connection, Command objects etc) and reside on your web server. To generate
ASP code I'm not so sure.
__________
cLifford

"Alfred Geskin" <MetroVa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I am thinking about a internet web site project, using a database and lots
> of html user interface.  I was thinking of IIS 5 and ADO and VBScript ASP
> pages.

> Then I found out I could use Delphi to turn any application into an Active
> Server Page object and run it from a simple ASP page.

> What are the advantages and problems with this approach?  It is attractive
> to just write the whole web site as a Delphi database application that
> writes html code to the generated ASP page.  The site could just be a
single
> ASP page, with some variable to indicate where the user really is in a
> 'virtual page' hierarchy!  This seems sure to be too confusing to write
and
> maintain, though.

> What is the best way to use an ASP object in a project like this?  Just
for
> small computational tasks on various ASP pages?  Could ASP objects handle
> all the database operations?

> Thanks for any input on this.
> -Alfred

Re:Active Server Page objects?

If you want ASP objects to handle database operations you need to install
the BDE (or whatever you are using) on the client PC (and I don't think you
were planning to do that) !
I think you are better off with a product like ASP Express
(http://asp-express.com/).

"Alfred Geskin" <MetroVa...@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

> I am thinking about a internet web site project, using a database and lots
> of html user interface.  I was thinking of IIS 5 and ADO and VBScript ASP
> pages.

> Then I found out I could use Delphi to turn any application into an Active
> Server Page object and run it from a simple ASP page.

> What are the advantages and problems with this approach?  It is attractive
> to just write the whole web site as a Delphi database application that
> writes html code to the generated ASP page.  The site could just be a
single
> ASP page, with some variable to indicate where the user really is in a
> 'virtual page' hierarchy!  This seems sure to be too confusing to write
and
> maintain, though.

> What is the best way to use an ASP object in a project like this?  Just
for
> small computational tasks on various ASP pages?  Could ASP objects handle
> all the database operations?

> Thanks for any input on this.
> -Alfred

Other Threads