Indy 9 SSL HEEEELP!

I am attempting to connect to a server programmatically with Indy. The
server comes back with invalid password and user name.
The software worked in the past, but the server has had an upgrade from
level 1 to 3 certificate.

This is NOT using a client side certificate, there is none, IE works fine, I
believe Indy is just broke.
Documentation at the indy site tells me I need the certificate, a key file
and a root level certificate. These files are not available ANY where.
Internet explorer works it has no personal certificate.

Please do not respond if you don't have an answer!

AGAIN LET ME STRESS there is NO personal client side certificate.  Just a
certificate on the server. https connection. Is the answer that indy is
broke, and does not work in my case? I have tried everything

HELP!

Re:Indy 9 SSL HEEEELP!

Bruce Raisley wrote:
> AGAIN LET ME STRESS there is NO personal client side certificate.  Just a
> certificate on the server. https connection. Is the answer that indy is
> broke, and does not work in my case? I have tried everything

Indy doesn't work with SSL directly. The thing to work with is OpenSSL
(unless you used another SSL provider for Indy). You need to check
what's going on. "Broke" is not a valid description of the problem. The
connection can be closed on the server side OR the client side can
report that server's certificate is not valid OR something else. If you
are not sure what to check, I think you need to read a bit about SSL and
how it works. See here:
http://www.secureblackbox.com/ssldocs.html, there are some articles and
some standards there.

So, first is to find out what exactly is wrong. Then, depending on the
situation, you will need to either upgrade OpenSSL libraries or take
SecureBlackbox which is easier to handle for Delphi (as it is the native
Delphi solution for SSL/TLS).

--
Eugene Mayevski
Flexible cross-platform information exchange framework

Re:Indy 9 SSL HEEEELP!

Bruce,

This is not related to Indy (very sorry about it) but it works for sure:

"Using certificates for SSL encrypted connections"
http://clevercomponents.com/products/inetsuite/certificates.asp

You might want to try demo at from
http://clevercomponents.com/downloads/inetsuite.asp
If you uploading then try this demo
http://clevercomponents.com/demo/inetsuite/v30/MultiUploader.zip or if you
downloading files then this one
http://clevercomponents.com/demo/inetsuite/v30/MultiDownLoader.zip

Hope it helps

With best regards,

Alex

Clever Components team.
www.clevercomponents.com

"Bruce Raisley" <n9...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I am attempting to connect to a server programmatically with Indy. The
> server comes back with invalid password and user name.
> The software worked in the past, but the server has had an upgrade from
> level 1 to 3 certificate.

> This is NOT using a client side certificate, there is none, IE works fine,
> believe Indy is just broke.
> Documentation at the indy site tells me I need the certificate, a key file
> and a root level certificate. These files are not available ANY where.
> Internet explorer works it has no personal certificate.

> Please do not respond if you don't have an answer!

> AGAIN LET ME STRESS there is NO personal client side certificate.  Just a
> certificate on the server. https connection. Is the answer that indy is
> broke, and does not work in my case? I have tried everything

> HELP!

Other Threads