Parallel port communication Windows NT 4.0? (Delphi 2.0)

        I am currently running Delphi 2.0 and NT 4.0.  This is the
target platform.  I need to stream data through the parallel port.  I
am using an example that works fine on windows '95 by using an
imported assembly procedure.

Example:

        procedure TForm1.writebyte(value:byte);
        asm
           mov dx, 0378
           mov al,value
           out dx, al
        end;

        The program compiles but when I try to stream through the port
I recieve Privilege error.  Am I missing a privilege setting or am I
totally out to lunch.  Any help would be appreciated.

Andrew Cates
aca...@wabang.com

Re:Parallel port communication Windows NT 4.0? (Delphi 2.0)

Hi Andrew!
You can't have access to ports in NT, because
it posible only in Level 0, but you in level 3.
All you need it is a VXD driver. I think it
available on market. Sorry that I cannot to
help with driver, find it via Internet search.

Anatoly Podgoretsky
k...@estpak.ee

Andrew Cates <aca...@wabang.com> D?? ???
<335b93e5.33026...@news.lakeheadu.ca>...

>    I am currently running Delphi 2.0 and NT 4.0.  This is the
> target platform.  I need to stream data through the parallel port.  I
> am using an example that works fine on windows '95 by using an
> imported assembly procedure.

> Example:

>    procedure TForm1.writebyte(value:byte);
>    asm
>       mov dx, 0378
>       mov al,value
>       out dx, al
>    end;

>    The program compiles but when I try to stream through the port
> I recieve Privilege error.  Am I missing a privilege setting or am I
> totally out to lunch.  Any help would be appreciated.

> Andrew Cates
> aca...@wabang.com

Other Threads