Fast and smooth scrolling ?

Hi all,

I'm looking for a good way to scroll a large bitmap horizontally. The bitmap is
much longer than the screen width, but it isn't very high. I've tried
combinations of BitBlt and/or ScrollDC but can't get a smooth _and_ fast
scrolling.

Has anyone a hint for solving this problem ?

Thanks in advance,
  Stefan
--                           ___
  / Stefan Dringenberg    __/  /__   EMail: s...@rail-info.ch         /
 / Rail-Info Schweiz     /__   __/  WWW  : http://www.rail-info.ch/ /
/ Rail-Info Switzerland    /__/    PGP  : public key available     /

Re:Fast and smooth scrolling ?

In article <371253ce.1906...@news.uni-essen.de>,
  s...@rail-info.ch (Stefan Dringenberg) wrote:

> Hi all,

> I'm looking for a good way to scroll a large bitmap horizontally. The bitmap
is
> much longer than the screen width, but it isn't very high. I've tried
> combinations of BitBlt and/or ScrollDC but can't get a smooth _and_ fast
> scrolling.

> Has anyone a hint for solving this problem ?

> Thanks in advance,
>   Stefan
>   / Stefan Dringenberg    __/  /__   EMail: s...@rail-info.ch         /
>  / Rail-Info Schweiz     /__   __/  WWW  : http://www.rail-info.ch/ /
> / Rail-Info Switzerland    /__/    PGP  : public key available     /

Dear Stefan,

I am concerned with the same problem ( work in MFC).
I would suggest that we keep eachother posted if we find something good.

Regards

/Johan Hakansson