How to access *.dem and *.bll

>Does any one knows what France.dem, germany.dem files are used for and how
>to access them. The same think with *.bll file type.  What is the file
>extension for the language driver used in querring foreign language in
>database engine.  My intension is to develop a language driver for my
>particular language.

*.BLL files are language driver files for versions of BDE before version 5
Borland does not provide any tools for 3rd party development of language
drivers.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:How to access *.dem and *.bll

>A message to B-Team or anyone who knows better:
>Does any one knows what France.dem, germany.dem files are used for and how
>to access them. The same think with *.bll file type.  What is the file
>extension for the language driver used in querring foreign language in
>database engine.  My intension is to develop a language driver for my
>particular language.
>Thanks

Adam,

*.dem are text files that contain edit masks and you can create your own
.dem file following this structure.

Mask Name | example | mask

Phone | 22831310 | 00 09 99 99;1;_
Social Security | 01016512345 | 0000000 0000;1;_
Organization Number | 01016512345 | 0000000 0000;1;_
Zip Code | 0250 | 0000;1;_
Date | 170595 | 00\/00\-00;1;_
Date (Windows) | 170595 | 00/00/00;1;_
Long Time | 210515 | !90:00:00;1;_
Short Time | 1345 | !90:00;1;_
Banking | 12341212345 | 0000 00 00000;1;_

If you want translate resources here are the files (Delphi 4):
CONSTS.PAS
COMCONST.PAS
COMSTRS.PAS
BDECONST.PAS
CORBCNST.PAS
DBCONSTS.PAS
IBCONST.PAS
MIDCONST.PAS
MXCONSTS.PAS
OLECONST.PAS
SYSCONST.PAS
WEBCONST.PAS

You have to translate, compile and copy dcu files to delphi/lib folder.

Other Threads