BDE 5.2 + Interbase Server 4.0 + Interbase 6 Client

Hi,

Our Interbase Server Version is 4.0.
We used the BDE and Interbase client given with Delphi 5. No problem.

Because we upgrade to Delphi 6, we have now the BDE 5.2 and Interbase 6
client.

After a few tests and after reinstall the BDE 5.1 we find that BDE 5.2
is not really compatible with Interbase Server 4.0.

For example :
A query in Delphi with a date parameter (select * from myTable where
myDate = :myDate)

This is OK : myQuery.ParamByName('myDate').AsString := '01.10.2001';
but this is not OK : myQuery.ParamByName('myDate').AsDate :=
StrToDate('01.10.2001');

The result is an EDBEngineError 10054 (Unable to complete request to
Host ...).

Are the BDE 5.2 and our version of Interbase Server not compatible.

Thank for any Help or suggestions.
Christophe.

Re:BDE 5.2 + Interbase Server 4.0 + Interbase 6 Client

> Are the BDE 5.2 and our version of Interbase Server not compatible.

The problem is bugs in the BDE SQL Links driver update.  See
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=bde+interbase+group:borland.public.bde
+author:david+author:r.+author:robinson&hl=en&rnum=1&selm=3B4605F1.F7C48
959%40mail.com
(you'll probably have to fix wrapping) for details.

The best work-around is to replace the BDE SQL Links DLL for InterBase
(sqlint32.dll) with the version that shipped with Delphi 5/BDE 5.1 (the
DLL version should be 5.1.1.1).

David R.

christophe decroux wrote:

> Our Interbase Server Version is 4.0.

        Mismatched IB client and server versions are strictly not supported.  I
can guarantee that this will not work.

        -Craig

We're hiring: http://www.vertexsoftware.com/careerops.htm#sd