"BLOB has been modified"

We keep getting an error "BLOB has been modified".  I downloaded the data of
the person getting this error, and I'm not getting it on my end.

#1, what does this error mean?
#2, how do I correct it?

Thanks,
Jesse

Re:"BLOB has been modified"

Hi Jesse,

A few months ago, I had the same error.
But this error exists only on the Database Explorer from Delphi,
never on my app.
After making a backup and restore the database, the problem was gone.

Cheerio,
Rudy
Jesse Castleberry schreef:

> We keep getting an error "BLOB has been modified".  I downloaded the data of
> the person getting this error, and I'm not getting it on my end.

> #1, what does this error mean?
> #2, how do I correct it?

> Thanks,
> Jesse

Re:"BLOB has been modified"

  I don't have the exact one, but if you go to Inprise's (are they switching
it back to borland again?) website ( at www.borland.com/delphi ) and then
click dev support....  --  Finally, look through the BDE TI's (or Delphi
TI's) and you'll see one called (something like) 'handling "blob has been
modified"'  --  THat'll give you a step in the right direction...

Jason Wallace
SL Software
Dark...@SLSoftware.reno.nv.us
--
"We are Microsoft.  You will be assimiliated.  Resistance is Futile."

Jesse Castleberry wrote in message <1YGE2.730$ck5....@news20.ispnews.com>...
>We keep getting an error "BLOB has been modified".  I downloaded the data
of
>the person getting this error, and I'm not getting it on my end.

>#1, what does this error mean?
>#2, how do I correct it?

>Thanks,
>Jesse