Update an record needs 40 Seconds with Access 97

Hi there,

i wrote an application with Delphi 3 and Access97.
If i change a record, my Computer (P 200 MHz) need 40 seconds until i
can work again
with the Computer ?
Property CachedUpdates is false because he don't save the changes if the
property is true!

Peter Gehle
gig...@hewa.de

Re:Update an record needs 40 Seconds with Access 97

Peter,
I suggest that you
    a. Confirm your timings.
    b. Write a test program that reproduces them.
    c. Submit to http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bugs/
        with your test program.

Inprise are currently working on an upgrade to BDE5 to fix
reported bugs and performance issues. They may not know
of your particular problem.

Brian OH

Peter Gehle wrote:
> Hi there,

> i wrote an application with Delphi 3 and Access97.
> If i change a record, my Computer (P 200 MHz) need 40 seconds until i
> can work again
> with the Computer ?
> Property CachedUpdates is false because he don't save the changes if the
> property is true!

> Peter Gehle
> gig...@hewa.de

Other Threads