IB 6.01 Open Source and IB 6.5 Trial

I am now writing a book about IB and come to the section descrbing the
difference between IB 6.01 Open Source Edition and IB 6.5 Trial. Wld
appreciate if any one can give me a list or matrix telling me the difference.
Also any difference between Windows version and Linux version.

I am especially interested in the license and trial period and
functional restricitions etc. Not on the feature wise (I know IB 6.5
improved a lot :=)).

(Never come to that detail as I am always using it without thinking
these details)

TIA.

Taylor

Re:IB 6.01 Open Source and IB 6.5 Trial

In article <20020513143808.9FD9...@geocities.com>, Tr@Soe wrote:
> I am especially interested in the license and trial period and
> functional restricitions etc. Not on the feature wise (I know IB 6.5
> improved a lot :=)).

The eval license for IB 6.5 is for 90 days and is limited to 5
connections. Other than that there are no restrictions in the server
per say.

Robert Schieck (TeamB)
MER Systems Inc.
Inprise/Borland/InterBase Search Engine
http://www.mers.com/searchsite.html

Re:IB 6.01 Open Source and IB 6.5 Trial

The current Open Edition is 6.0.2.0, based on the 6.5 source.  The main
difference (other than the licensing) is the list of new 6.5 features not
included in the OE.

Dan

"TR@SOE" <t...@geocities.com> wrote in message

> I am now writing a book about IB and come to the section descrbing the
> difference between IB 6.01 Open Source Edition and IB 6.5 Trial. Wld
> appreciate if any one can give me a list or matrix telling me the
difference.
> Also any difference between Windows version and Linux version.

> I am especially interested in the license and trial period and
> functional restricitions etc. Not on the feature wise (I know IB 6.5
> improved a lot :=)).

> (Never come to that detail as I am always using it without thinking
> these details)

> TIA.

> Taylor

Re:IB 6.01 Open Source and IB 6.5 Trial

Tku for your kind input.

To Dan,

Is IB 6.02 Open Edition available for FREE download? As what I saw from
the website, it is still providing the IB 6.01 version.

Tks.

Re:IB 6.01 Open Source and IB 6.5 Trial

Hi,

Borland doesn't offer builds of the open source version.

You can download the free edition from http://mers.com (no 'www').

--
Martijn Tonies
InterBase Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase and Firebird

Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

"This is an object-oriented system.
If we change anything, the users object."

"TR@SOE" <tr@ .com> wrote in message

> Tku for your kind input.

> To Dan,

> Is IB 6.02 Open Edition available for FREE download? As what I saw from
> the website, it is still providing the IB 6.01 version.

> Tks.

Other Threads