SELECT... WHERE problem with Oracle

Some advice please...

I'm trying to execute the following select against an Oracle Server and I'm
getting a "Capability not supported" error message

SELECT ACC_TITLE FROM ACC_LIST
WHERE  ACC_RISK IN ('B,'C')
ORDER BY ACC_TITLE Desc

This works fine with SQL*plus so it must be down to the combination of
delphi/bde/sql links. Why is it reporting the error message and can I get
round it (without having to go about the long winded way of defining the
where clause.

Thanks,
Brian

Delphi 3.02 C/S
BDE 4.51

Re:SELECT... WHERE problem with Oracle

Brian,

I don't know about Oracle, but when I tried to use the "IN" statement
with Sybase and had TQuery.RequestLive := True I also got this error.
Setting RequestLive to False got rid of the error - but of course
created more problems :)

HTH - Mike

Christopher Rowan wrote in message <35678221.3C4E9...@neuromagic.co.jp>...
>Do you have the SQLQUERYMODE set to SERVER?

Yes?

Re:SELECT... WHERE problem with Oracle

>I don't know about Oracle, but when I tried to use the "IN" statement
>with Sybase and had TQuery.RequestLive := True I also got this error.
>Setting RequestLive to False got rid of the error - but of course
>created more problems :)

Yes, the problem was having requestlive set to True, I've modified the code
to build a long winded statement ie.

SELECT ACC_TITLE FROM ACC_LIST
WHERE  ACC_RISK = 'A' OR ACC_RISK = 'B'
ORDER BY ACC_TITLE Desc

The system is supposed to be installed on Wednesday so I don't have time to
face the problems of setting requestlive false.

Thanks,
Brian

Re:SELECT... WHERE problem with Oracle

Brian,

I took a similiar route then found that switching away from the BDE
eliminated the problem (to ODBC98 or Titan) which indicates that the BDE
is at fault.  Glad to help.

- Mike

Brian Gowing wrote:

> Some advice please...

> I'm trying to execute the following select against an Oracle Server and I'm
> getting a "Capability not supported" error message

> SELECT ACC_TITLE FROM ACC_LIST
> WHERE  ACC_RISK IN ('B,'C')
> ORDER BY ACC_TITLE Desc

> This works fine with SQL*plus so it must be down to the combination of
> delphi/bde/sql links. Why is it reporting the error message and can I get
> round it (without having to go about the long winded way of defining the
> where clause.

> Thanks,
> Brian

> Delphi 3.02 C/S