How to define Referential Integrity for Paradox table

Hi,

What I know is that I should restructure table in database desktop, then

select Referential Integrity to define. but how can I do it, e.g.. how
to set
parent key???
Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Ian Huang
mailto:ran...@spin.net.au

Re:How to define Referential Integrity for Paradox table

In article <33C64637.780FE...@spin.net.au>, ran...@spin.net.au says...

>Hi,

>What I know is that I should restructure table in database desktop, then

>select Referential Integrity to define. but how can I do it, e.g.. how
>to set
>parent key???
>Any help would be appreciated.

>Cheers,
>Ian Huang
>mailto:ran...@spin.net.au

You need to set a primary key in the master table.
Then you can select the foriegn key in the detail-table (left side),
douyble-click it so that it is selected as "child field".
Then select the master-table (right side) by double-clicking it.
The master's key will be selected al "Parent's key".

Then select if you want updates to cascade or be restricted (lower-left).
It's not possible to apply rules to deleteting.
In my opinion this is a great loss.

Paradox referential integrity is very poor. Little is possible, and I've had
many crashes when creating multiple rules on a single table.

Myself, I had to move the referential integrity rules to the application that
works on the database. I't not neat, but it works.

Best of luck,

D. Van Rietschoten
The cold but beautifull Netherlands

Other Threads