DefaultExpression and spaces in field names

Hi everybody!

Please help me to solve the following problem:

The field's name is "Alpha Beta".

When I use the DefaultExpression property of this field, and I open the table, I
get this message:
"Preparation of field default failed. Invalid use of keyword. Token: Beta. Line
number 1."

I think it's because of the space in the field's name. How can I solve this
(please don't tell me, that I have to remove the space).

Thanks in advance.

Gee

Re:DefaultExpression and spaces in field names

Try [Alpha Beta]

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB

Re:DefaultExpression and spaces in field names

Thanks Bill!

But, where do I have to put those brackets, if I don't write any line of code?
I just set the DefaultExpression property in the Object Inspector.
(How can I use the DefaultExpression property?)

Thanks in advance.

Gee

Bill Todd wrote in message <7h29if$i...@forums.borland.com>...
>Try [Alpha Beta]

>Bill

>--

>Bill Todd - TeamB
>(TeamB cannot respond to email questions. To contact me
> for any other reason remove nospam from my address.)

Re:DefaultExpression and spaces in field names

Sorry. Although your message was clear for some reason I was thinking about
a filter and not DefaultExpression. I do not know of any solution except
changing the field name.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB

Re:DefaultExpression and spaces in field names

Dear Bill!

Thank You very much for answering!

Gee

Bill Todd wrote in message <7h57fo$k...@forums.borland.com>...
>Sorry. Although your message was clear for some reason I was thinking about
>a filter and not DefaultExpression. I do not know of any solution except
>changing the field name.

>Bill

>--

>Bill Todd - TeamB
>(TeamB cannot respond to email questions. To contact me
> for any other reason remove nospam from my address.)

Other Threads