SQL Error when accessing a MS Access DB in 2000

Hi there,

Can anybody help me with the following problem:
I am trying to access a Microsoft Access database using the BDE's MSACCESS
driver, but I keep getting the following error:

BDE Error: 13059 [$33] [$ 3]
General SQL error.
The Jet VBA file (VBAJET.dll for 16-bit versions, or VBAJET32.dll for 32-bit
versions) failed to initialize when called. Try Alias.

My system is set-up as follows:
Windows 2000 Professional SP1
Windows Office 2000 Premium SP1 (which includes Access 2000 9.0.4402 SR-1)
Delphi Professional 5 (Build 6.18) Update Pack 1
I have BDE version 5.1.1 installed and the MSACCESS drivers are set-up as
follows:
Version: 1.0
Type: SERVER
DLL32: IDDA3532.DLL
Trace Mode: 0
Open Mode: READ/WRITE
(The rest of the fields are blank).

The version of the VBAJET32.dll is: 6.0.1.8268

I've tried installing DAO 3.6 drivers, but I still get the same error
message.
I have tried accessing the same database on a Windows 98 machine with the
identical BDE set-up and it works perfectly.

Thanks,
Greg

Re:SQL Error when accessing a MS Access DB in 2000

I sorted it out!
The following files were not installed on my PC (for some unknown reason):

VBA332.DLL (Visual Basic for Applications Runtime - Expression Service
version 3.0.0.6908)
VBAR332.DLL (Visual Basic for Applications Development Environment version
3.0.0.7019)

To determine what files the BDE was looking for I used File Monitor, which
is a great freeware program from Sysinternals (www.sysinternals.com) who
have a whole suite of debugging utilities - you have to check it out.

Greg

"Greg Gibb" <ni...@icon.co.za> wrote in message

> Hi there,

> Can anybody help me with the following problem:
> I am trying to access a Microsoft Access database using the BDE's MSACCESS
> driver, but I keep getting the following error:

> BDE Error: 13059 [$33] [$ 3]
> General SQL error.
> The Jet VBA file (VBAJET.dll for 16-bit versions, or VBAJET32.dll for
32-bit
> versions) failed to initialize when called. Try Alias.

> My system is set-up as follows:
> Windows 2000 Professional SP1
> Windows Office 2000 Premium SP1 (which includes Access 2000 9.0.4402 SR-1)
> Delphi Professional 5 (Build 6.18) Update Pack 1
> I have BDE version 5.1.1 installed and the MSACCESS drivers are set-up as
> follows:
> Version: 1.0
> Type: SERVER
> DLL32: IDDA3532.DLL
> Trace Mode: 0
> Open Mode: READ/WRITE
> (The rest of the fields are blank).

> The version of the VBAJET32.dll is: 6.0.1.8268

> I've tried installing DAO 3.6 drivers, but I still get the same error
> message.
> I have tried accessing the same database on a Windows 98 machine with the
> identical BDE set-up and it works perfectly.

> Thanks,
> Greg

Other Threads