Newbie needing help

--------------E0C73884642F4F000EA87B37

I have a couple of questions:

1:  Is there an equivelent to BASIC's PLAY command in Turbo Pascal or do
I have to use the SOUND command under the CRT unit?

2:  When using FSEARCH under the DOS unit, what can I type in the path
portion to make it search the whole computer?
                      Any help would be appreciated

Email:  lucife...@usa.net

--------------E0C73884642F4F000EA87B37

<HTML>

<P>I have a couple of questions:

<P><B>1:</B>&nbsp; Is there an equivelent to BASIC's PLAY command in Turbo
Pascal or do I have to use the SOUND command under the CRT unit?

<P><B>2:&nbsp; </B>When using FSEARCH under the DOS unit, what can I type
in the path portion to make it search the whole computer?
<CENTER>Any help would be appreciated</CENTER>

<P>Email:&nbsp; lucife...@usa.net</HTML>

--------------E0C73884642F4F000EA87B37--

Re:Newbie needing help

David Burdick wrote:
> I have a couple of questions:

> 1:  Is there an equivelent to BASIC's PLAY command in Turbo Pascal or
> do I have to use the SOUND command under the CRT unit?

You're more or less correct that you have to use the sound unit, but you
either need to write a string parser or get a unit that has one.  I'm
sure at least one has been written.  Look through
ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/msdos/turbopas/ and the various TP
directories under ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/ to find one.

> 2:  When using FSEARCH under the DOS unit, what can I type in the path
> portion to make it search the whole computer?

You can't.  You'd need to do individual searches on the root directory
of every available drive.  Also, fsearch is intended for searching only
particular paths or path lists -- you need to devise a recursive search
method.

>                      Any help would be appreciated

> Email:  lucife...@usa.net

set...@ix.netcom.com | scheduled chaos and mayhem. . . .  |

Re:Newbie needing help

On Mon, 27 Oct 1997 19:31:34 -0500, David Burdick <lucife...@usa.net>
wrote:

>I have a couple of questions:

>1:  Is there an equivelent to BASIC's PLAY command in Turbo Pascal or do
>I have to use the SOUND command under the CRT unit?

I once downloaded PibMusic version 1.0 by Philip R. Burns, a Pascal
program that emulates GW-BASIC's PLAY, from a BBS
I have sent it to lucife...@usa.net.
Mail me if you want a copy too: ask for PIBMUSIC.PAS.

>2:  When using FSEARCH under the DOS unit, what can I type in the path
>portion to make it search the whole computer?
>                      Any help would be appreciated

>Email:  lucife...@usa.net

Bob Ferguson.

--
J.R. Ferguson, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: j.r.fergu...@iname.com

Other Threads