System DSN vs User DSN

Dear AnyOne:

I have a Delphi 5 program that uses A TAdoCOnnection.  I want to use it in a
Service and this needs a SYStem DSN verses a user DSN.

How do I tell Delphi which to use.  Is it in the connectionstring, or the
provider?

Jim

Re:System DSN vs User DSN

Calling a system DSN in a connection string is no different than calling a
user DSN. Just create the system DSN and use it  in a connection string.

"Jim Covington" <jwcov...@telapex.com> wrote in message

> Dear AnyOne:

> I have a Delphi 5 program that uses A TAdoCOnnection.  I want to use it in
> Service and this needs a SYStem DSN verses a user DSN.

> How do I tell Delphi which to use.  Is it in the connectionstring, or the
> provider?

> Jim

Other Threads