Learning Delphi

Good People,

Could someone point me in the right direction. I would like to find a
tutorial on Delphi. Do any exist and if they do could you please reply. I
thought this may be the best place to start. Thanx in advance.

Re:Learning Delphi

George,
        I dont really know any internet based tutorials, but Delphi 4 by the
author Marco Cantu is a great book if you are planning to get into Delphi in
a big way.  Its easy to read and explains things well.

Ash

George's News <futur...@one.net.au> wrote in message

> Good People,

> Could someone point me in the right direction. I would like to find a
> tutorial on Delphi. Do any exist and if they do could you please reply. I
> thought this may be the best place to start. Thanx in advance.

Re:Learning Delphi

What about your local library?
If it's a decent library they should have lots of books about Delphi.

George's News <futur...@one.net.au> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:3816d...@pink.one.net.au...

George's News wrote in message <3816d...@pink.one.net.au>...
>Good People,

>Could someone point me in the right direction. I would like to find a
>tutorial on Delphi. Do any exist and if they do could you please reply. I
>thought this may be the best place to start. Thanx in advance.

I found a site
http://www.completetraining.com/delphi2.htm

which advertises courses on a CD. Does anyone know their products ? I cannot
go on a course in Ireland - nearest ones available are in the U.K. I read a
comment to the effect that the "Learn in 21 Days" etc. books are not very
useful - any comments ?

Colin

Re:Learning Delphi

George,

Have a look at the free Web Book by Marco Cantu at his website.  It is
called "essential pascal" and a good intro.

http://www.marcocantu.com/epascal/default.htm

he is also beginning this web book:

http://www.marcocantu.com/edelphi/default.htm

I hope this helps.

Bryan Stait
Br...@parliament.tas.gov.au

George's News <futur...@one.net.au> wrote in message

> Good People,

> Could someone point me in the right direction. I would like to find a
> tutorial on Delphi. Do any exist and if they do could you please reply. I
> thought this may be the best place to start. Thanx in advance.

Re:Learning Delphi

I have put up a web page that list all the Delphi tutorials
I have found so far. I put this Tutorials web page up because
many people have asked about learning Delphi and tutorials
often in mailing lists and newsgroups, I hope you find it
useful. The URL is : http://ssapcs.interspeed.net/DelphiTut1.htm

--
All the best from James Sandbrook.
http://ssapcs.interspeed.net/index.html

Colin McMullen wrote:
> George's News wrote in message <3816d...@pink.one.net.au>...
> >Good People,

> >Could someone point me in the right direction. I would like to find a
> >tutorial on Delphi. Do any exist and if they do could you please reply. I
> >thought this may be the best place to start. Thanx in advance.

> I found a site
> http://www.completetraining.com/delphi2.htm

> which advertises courses on a CD. Does anyone know their products ? I cannot
> go on a course in Ireland - nearest ones available are in the U.K. I read a
> comment to the effect that the "Learn in 21 Days" etc. books are not very
> useful - any comments ?

> Colin

Other Threads