WindowMenu Not Working in D5

 I have built an MDI app in D5 and specified one of the fsMDIForm's menu
items as the "windowmenu".  When I open child forms, however, they do not
appear in the windowmenu.  What am I doing wrong?

If this is the wrong newsgroup, please accept my apologies and redirect me
appropriately.

Regards,
Rob

Re:WindowMenu Not Working in D5

Robby Tanner wrote:
>  I have built an MDI app in D5 and specified one of the fsMDIForm's menu
> items as the "windowmenu".  When I open child forms, however, they do not
> appear in the windowmenu.  What am I doing wrong?

Make sure there is at least one item in that "windowmenu". iow,
it can't just be "Window", there has to be a "Window | something"
- a TMenuItem underneath the Window.

Good luck.

Kurt

In article <3b54b6f4_2@dnews>, Robby Tanner wrote:
>  I have built an MDI app in D5 and specified one of the fsMDIForm's menu
> items as the "windowmenu".  When I open child forms, however, they do not
> appear in the windowmenu.  What am I doing wrong?

Make sure the Autohotkey and Autolinereduction properties of the windowmenu
are set to manual.

Re:WindowMenu Not Working in D5

Yeah!  I've been struggling with the same problem.  Peter's message took
care of mine.
Thank you, Peter.

"Kurt Barthelmess (TeamB)" <KBarthelm...@compuserve.com> wrote:

>Robby Tanner wrote:

>>  I have built an MDI app in D5 and specified one of the fsMDIForm's menu
>> items as the "windowmenu".  When I open child forms, however, they do not
>> appear in the windowmenu.  What am I doing wrong?

>Make sure there is at least one item in that "windowmenu". iow,
>it can't just be "Window", there has to be a "Window | something"
>- a TMenuItem underneath the Window.

>Good luck.

>Kurt

In addition of the necessity to have at least one menu item,
a separator bar must not be contained in the list of menu items.
- Craig

Other Threads