Delphi's TList class

I'm using Borland Pascal 7.0 and well, i bought Delphi...
But I can't understand, why Borland introduces the TList class
instead of the "old" (but in my opinion much better) TCollection
class.
In the TList class there aren't any virtual methods just as the
FreeItem and PutItem / GetItem methods (just used for Stream-access)
So, how can this class be used like the TCollection class ?!?

Re:Delphi's TList class

In article <5aeoim$...@news00.btx.dtag.de>,
   Neuhaeus...@t-online.de (Martin Neuh?u?er) wrote:
]-I'm using Borland Pascal 7.0 and well, i bought Delphi...
]-But I can't understand, why Borland introduces the TList class
]-instead of the "old" (but in my opinion much better) TCollection
]-class.
]-In the TList class there aren't any virtual methods just as the
]-FreeItem and PutItem / GetItem methods (just used for Stream-access)
]-So, how can this class be used like the TCollection class ?!?

you might want to get Guy Fink's port of the TCollection class from
BP7 to Delphi.  look for Objects7.zip at the Delphi Super Page.

Mark Vaughan

Other Threads